Keg cleaning kit purchase error?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMahn

Reaction score
So I recently re-booted my beer-making hobby after a 15 year hiatus. This time I decided to move to kegs. I got a lot of equipment, most of it in use and working great. But I think I may have bought something that I don't need.

When I was looking at various things to buy, I saw beer line cleaning kits. Some of them are hand pump operated to build pressure to push beer line cleaning fluid through the system. The one I bought (here) you connect to your CO2 tank to push the cleaning fluid.

So I have one corny keg, soon to be two. I am now thinking that perhaps this cleaning kit is really only needed for a sanke keg systems and unnecessary for a corny keg since it would be easy for me to just put cleaning fluid into an unused keg. Am I thinking correctly and should I return the kit? I bought it with the notion of making things easy as possible, but now I don't get it.

Any help is appreciated.

-E

It would be just as easy to use a spare keg.

But that being said, you would need a spare keg. I clean using a spare keg but have to wait til I have an empty keg.

I am looking into getting something like this so I don't have to rely on having an empty keg.

Also I would feel better using something like you got because I feel it will save on Co2!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Believe me. At first you may think having one keg is enough, even if you only dispense one at a time.

It soon becomes that two is enough. And then three is enough. And then you are wanting 4,5,6 ha.

Nice to keep your options open

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Not a bad purchase but I made one myself for much less. Check out the DIY line cleaner in the DIY section here.

I use a keg that has a small pinhole near the top, so I can't use it for beer. Bought it for $10. I'd have to cut away the rubber until I found it, so I never repaired it. Plus, I'm lazy.

Just use a spare keg. Yet another reason to buy more!!!!

Back