Keg Cleaners B3's LLC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtrainer

BeerCzar I am
Reaction score
Lately I noticed on 2 of my kegs a line or deposit at the weld line between the keg wall and bottom. I usually clean with Oxy Clean and when I have it, I mix 1:1 with TSP. Recently I bought a jar of PBW and ran it through the pumps and lines etc... Sort of a deep clean of my brew setup. The PBW didn't really touch the darker areas in the weld area.

I don't have sanitation concerns but would like to check off beer stone as the source. I was thinking I need to clean my beer lines so instead of using my squeeze bottle to run my LLC I thought I'd swish it around my kegs first. Then push through the taps.

I've read horror and success stories, I've read pro's and con's on doing this with LLC but it comes down to rinsing real well.

As for the written concern of pushing with Co2 and converting the LLC I considered using my compressor but that gave me other concerns. So back to Co2 and my keg....

Am I just being overly paranoid?

Back