Keg Carb'd Cider ok to add sorbate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D-west

Reaction score
I have a dry Cyser in one of my kegs, its carbonated. Its good, but would be better a tad sweeter. I also need my keg for an upcoming scotch ale, so the cyser has to move to bottles.

I want to add a can of AJ concentrate, but do not want to make bombs :)

Is it possible to add sorbate after its carbonated, let it settle and let the keg purge it out? This needs to happen over about a 2 week time frame from this weekend.

I also have a pound of xylitol, I am going to test out a couple glasses tonight, but the AJ concentrate I've done and loved it, so id like to try to reproduce that.

I remembered why I still had a pound of xylitol, its disgusting to back sweeten with.

Anyone know the answer if I can add sorbate to the kegged cider to be able to add some AJ concentrate and counter pressure bottle?

Don't just put the dry powder into a carbed keg. I think it'll be a lot like a mentors in a soda bottle lol...

If its possible to do this, ill have to pull a cup of cider from the keg and mix the sorbate in that and then dump it back in, too many times ive added stuff to 5 gallons only to have it not mix well and be a PITA to get to dissolve.

Adding a little sugar to my glass of cider for a taste test last night was fun, it almost foamed over and took like 2 minutes of constant stirring to dissolve.

Back