Keezer conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pclarks

Reaction score
Hey guys. I finally got a freezer that I convert into a keezer but didn't want to spend money a control unit without knowing anything about it. Does anyone have a control they recommend that can handle both cooling and heating (freezer will be kept outside so may get a little to cold in winter)? Thanks for the advice!

Look up the STC-1000 on here. There are also some good vids on YouTube which really helped me put mine together.

STC-1000 is the way to go. At $16.50 shipped nothing comes close to matching it for a lot more. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008KVCPH2/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

FYI, most of the wiring threads for it are garbage on here. Using external plugs, electrical housings, etc. I wired mine directly to my freezer's power wiring and just bypassed the factory thermostat. I didn't have to cut a single wire (all spade connectors), super clean install, electrically sound and works 100% perfectly. About 5-10 minutes with a multimeter and you will figure out everything needed to wire it. To add heat, simply add it to the heat output of the STC-1000.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back