Keezer Checklist

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NadoHawk

Reaction score
Just want to make sure I have everything in order before setting up the plan. Is there anything else I should get?

So I don't have the chest freezer yet nor do I have the tap handles (have the first two planned), but I plan on a 7.1 cubic foot layout. I also am deciding on the type of digital thermostat I will use...imbedded or free-standing)

I have purchased:

2 new Perlicks
1 new Flow Control Perlick
1 Taprite Dual Body Regulator (I don't have the bard, will this one work for 5/16 http://www.homebrewstuff.com/1-4-mal...b-fitting.html)
1 Taprite Four-Body Secondary Regulator
1 gauge guard
3 ft. red gas tubing to connect the regulators
1 mini-wireless dehumifior
1 200 mm fan (don't have the power connections yet)
3 hex nuts for the beer shanks
1 keg charger (emergency backup)
1 CO2 tank leak stopper
1 32mm carbonator and PET growlers

I will purchase:

5 ball lock liquid connectors (two for a future filter project)
3 rubber washers
3 stainless steel shanks @ 4"
1 28mm carbonator
a few stainless steel worm clamps (not into O-clamps)...do I need any for the shanks?
4 5/16 gas line assemblies @ 3'
3 Stainless Steel Tail Piece 1/4" Barb x 3/16" ID
Liquid tubing
1 10lb CO2 tank
3 AEB kegs

I want to go with the tubing that will not impart plastic flavor. Should I go with the silver tubing or something like Acuflex?

I haven't used it so I can't comment. Sorry.

I've always just used good ole bevlex. Works great. I buy it by the roll. I spend about $.40/ft for the 100 foot rolls so I don't worry too much.

I have the Johnson Controls A419 thermostat. It works great on my keezer. You may also want to install a fan if it permits.

IMG_2415.jpg

I want to go with the tubing that will not impart plastic flavor. Should I go with the silver tubing or something like Acuflex?

If you are sensitive to pvc "character" you'd be well advised to go with the Accuflex Bev Seal Ultra Series 235 tubing. And allot at least 50% longer lengths than Bevlex-200 solid pvc tubing...

Cheers!

Back