Keeping fermentation bucket outside...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRoyLenz

Reaction score
Hey all -

I'm trying to do some temperature control on my fermentation bucket. I'm trying to ferment at 68F, but the temperature in my condo doesn't get below 74F. So I have the fermentation bucket in a garbage bag that has water and two ice packs in it. I'm worried that the garbage bag is going to leak, so I'm keeping the bag/fermenter on my back porch. It's just a temporary thing, until I'm comfortable that the bag won't leak and ruin my hardwood floors. Can you guys see any issue with the fermentation bucket sitting outside for the evening? It's pretty well sealed up, so I'm not really worried about any bugs or crap getting inside.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Because I had too many beers tonight, and didn't think of that. It's good to know that there are less stupid people out there to keep me from hurting myself. :mug:

rubber maid tub works well if you need to shower and dont want the beer in your shower.

Yeah, I'm going to get a rubbermaid container tomorrow. I just needed a temporary solution because I finished brewing around 1am..... thanks for looking out guys!

Back