Keeping 6 Cornies Cold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoso124

Reaction score
Guys,

We're having a 3 day campout and I have 6 cornies I need to keep cold. I plan on running the beer through a jockey box but would like to keep the cornies as cold as possible while they sit.

Right now I have each one of them in 5 gallon bucket (takes up alot of room) with some ice around them but thinking there has to be a better way. Would 3 each fit into a tote? Thats the only other idea I got right now.

Thanks and Cheers!
-Mike

It depends on what size tote your using, now doesnt it.

Just messing with ya, I have seen some large rubbermaid containers that would definitely fit 3 or 4 cornies. Just go to HD/Lowes/Walmart/Target and get the biggest they have. Or you could get those large chest coolers.

the cooler might be a good choice, i am thinking something like my 94qt cooler although that is an extra cost for your trip but someone might have one you can use. then maybe a few of the cheap foam coolers (only a few bucks) and hack a hole in the bottom and turn them upside down slide onto the corney's to trap some of the cold and make the ice last longer.

Back