Just won free beer for a year!!! What to buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mknox4354

Reaction score
This is not a random advertisement or any sort of competition to this website. I just won the monthly contest grand prize on Pintley.com for buying beer. So since im going to splurge a little any suggestion on beer I should get? By the way I live in MD

Rogue Double Series beers. The double dead guy and double mocha porter would be my first two.

Well seeing as how you brew your own, you might as well go for the more expensive stuff. For me that would be some of the Ommegang beers. Hennipen and Three Philosophers are my picks from them. Don't know what they cost around you but here a four pack of 12 oz'ers is around $16 and a 750ml bottle $8-$10. I guess that's not to expensive but probably the most expensive stuff I've had. That and Surly's beers, but those are only available in MN.

tbel said:
Well seeing as how you brew your own, you might as well go for the more expensive stuff. For me that would be some of the Ommegang beers. Hennipen and Three Philosophers are my picks from them. Don't know what they cost around you but here a four pack of 12 oz'ers is around $16 and a 750ml bottle $8-$10. I guess that's not to expensive but probably the most expensive stuff I've had. That and Surly's beers, but those are only available in MN.

Yea I wish I was able to get Surly around here

I don't know if Avery and Great Divide have beers there but I love a lot of their stuff. Kaiser Marzen(Octoberfest-forget what they call it) is great and Yeti from GB has me howling for more. Both of which I can't get in South Dakota... Luckily I live close to the MN border ;)

CHefJohnboyardee said:
I don't know if Avery and Great Divide have beers there but I love a lot of their stuff. Kaiser Marzen(Octoberfest-forget what they call it) is great and Yeti from GB has me howling for more. Both of which I can't get in South Dakota... Luckily I live close to the MN border ;)

Yea I get GD here to. There stuff is great

I don't know what they have, but I would pick the more expensive ones that I wouldn't normally buy.

Basically it looks like you won a $500 prepaid gift card. If I were going to use that on beer around here, I'd load up on Jolly Pumpkin, some imperial stouts to age, and then grab a sixer of anything else as I get the urge.

I'd use this as a chance to go buy so rare and unique stuff and get filling your cellar. Then enjoy it over a number of years drinking homebrew to fill the gaps.

ChillWill said:
I'd use this as a chance to go buy so rare and unique stuff and get filling your cellar. Then enjoy it over a number of years drinking homebrew to fill the gaps.

Indeed. My pipeline for my beers right now is lacking. I have no home-brews right now. But I do have a batch bottle conditioning and two in fermenters so it will soon be plenty. I definitely want to get some good ones for the cellar

Back