Just started, but . . . Proud!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this site. Just joined yesterday. Actually bought all my stuff yesterday to! Couldnt wait to get started, so today was BREWING day! I just finished making my first brew ever! It was a Brewers Best Red Ale. I followed all instructions to the "T". Pitched my yeast at 72 degrees, stirred it in, sealed it up, inserted bubbler, I was one happy, proud guy! Before i sealed it up, it literally looked like 5 gallons of beer, with a nice frothy head on it! I only hope it is worth the wait! my plan is to leave in the primary for 4 weeks. Bottle for 2-3 weeks, chill, Consume! I am almost worried this was to easy! But we will see! I cant wait to start seeing bubbles though! That will hopefully be my first clue i did something right! lol

I work in health care and i am so use to washing up that im sure i was WAY over sanitizing my hands, instruments, and everything else! If something can be over sanitized.

I want to thank all those who were here before me. I was up till 3am this morning doing my research.

TC

Awesome! Brewer's Best Red Ale is my first too...they have 1 week left in the bottles, can't wait to try them!

husker said:
Welcome! The hardest part is waiting to try your first brew!

Seriously... so why wait so damn long?!?! Been brewing 10 years and I usually bottle/keg all my Reds after 2 weeks in primary. Especially if you're fermenting at 70F, that's more than enough time! I'm all for patience, but hey ;)

Awesome Savage!, I work in the operating room so I am all over strile technique :D. Good luck on your first of many Brews!

Hello, I am new to this site. Just joined yesterday. Actually bought all my stuff yesterday to! Couldnt wait to get started, so today was BREWING day! I just finished making my first brew ever! It was a Brewers Best Red Ale. I followed all instructions to the "T". Pitched my yeast at 72 degrees, stirred it in, sealed it up, inserted bubbler, I was one happy, proud guy! Before i sealed it up, it literally looked like 5 gallons of beer, with a nice frothy head on it! I only hope it is worth the wait! my plan is to leave in the primary for 4 weeks. Bottle for 2-3 weeks, chill, Consume! I am almost worried this was to easy! But we will see! I cant wait to start seeing bubbles though! That will hopefully be my first clue i did something right! lol

I work in health care and i am so use to washing up that im sure i was WAY over sanitizing my hands, instruments, and everything else! If something can be over sanitized.

I want to thank all those who were here before me. I was up till 3am this morning doing my research.

TC

I don't have any critiques on your techniques or whatever, but I do have one piece of advice: you should consider keeping a brew log. It is something comforting to be able to turn back the page on an old brew while drinking it, reminisce about a brew sesh' or compare your techniques.

Congrats TC! I've been doing all sorts of research on this site as well. I just about have all the equipment I need to start doing full boil extracts. :)

I'm down here in Riverview BTW. I'm part of the Brandon Bootlegger's Home Brew club, you should come to one of our meetings!

I don't have any critiques on your techniques or whatever, but I do have one piece of advice: you should consider keeping a brew log. It is something comforting to be able to turn back the page on an old brew while drinking it, reminisce about a brew sesh' or compare your techniques.

Congrats on your first brew! +1 to keeping a log it helps after you make a few batches and they all start running together, or maybe you have an off flavor and you can look back and see what is common in them. I like to write down what the first one tasted like, looked like, mouth feel, ect.

I totally agree. Since brewing the extract kits is all laid out for us, i was gonna wait till i stopped buying kits to make a log, but starting a log now may be a good idea! Thanks

Congrats TC! I've been doing all sorts of research on this site as well. I just about have all the equipment I need to start doing full boil extracts. :)

I'm down here in Riverview BTW. I'm part of the Brandon Bootlegger's Home Brew club, you should come to one of our meetings!

Awesome! When, Where do they meet? My brother in law came over last night to watch me brew my first batch and now he wants to start brewing to!

Also, is this a part of the store in brandon called bootlegers? I bought all my stuff from them!

Just started myself. Good job! I to am in healthcare and enjoy the whole process. A newly de-labeled squeaky clean bottle is a beautiful thing! On Wisconsin!!!!

Seriously... so why wait so damn long?!?! Been brewing 10 years and I usually bottle/keg all my Reds after 2 weeks in primary. Especially if you're fermenting at 70F, that's more than enough time! I'm all for patience, but hey ;)

I agree. An ale fermenting at 70 degrees will be done in 2 weeks, then bottle and wait no less than 3 weeks and enjoy!

Be sure to put the bottles in the refrigerator for at least 2 days so the carbonation will absorb before trying, otherwise you have a nice thick head when you pour your beer but it is flat by the time you are half way done with it. Cheers! :mug:

Congrats. Just started myself, first batch in bottled 2 weeks ago. Have a couple of kits on order and can't wait to start another. My neighbor is interested in maybe getting started, trying to talk him into just buying a few pieces of gear I want and then sharing until he figures out whether he really wants to get into it.

So, I am not sure when it started, but officially my new brew has started bubbling at 20 hrs. I pitched the yeast straight from the packet instead of rehydrating it, so i think thats pretty good. Im so excited Ill prob start another batch in couple weeks!

TC

Just got a text from my wife. Just said
"Beer is ready!!!!"
Guess she put a couple in the fridge today to check them.
Hope I don't get a speeding ticket on the way home.

Enjoy these days, my brewing brothers (and sisters)!!!! That anticipation & excitement is unbeatable!

Congrats on your first brew!

As someone else said, make your second batch sooner than you think. Your friends will like your homebrew more than you know. ;)

Savage_Justice said:
So, I am not sure when it started, but officially my new brew has started bubbling at 20 hrs. I pitched the yeast straight from the packet instead of rehydrating it, so i think thats pretty good. Im so excited Ill prob start another batch in couple weeks!

TC

Rehydration of dry yeast really is NOT necessary :)

spokaniac said:
Just got a text from my wife. Just said
"Beer is ready!!!!"
Guess she put a couple in the fridge today to check them.
Hope I don't get a speeding ticket on the way home.

How is it?!?

Latest posts

Back