Just ordered brewzilla 65L 220v

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunkleneil

Reaction score
Just placed my order at More Beer. Got the neoprene jacket with it. Plan to run in the garage where I already have a 30 amp 220v plug for the generator and a kerosene heater for the cold months. Recently built a fermentation chamber out of a small fridge with heat and cooling. Finished the 4 Keg keezer last weekend. I typically only do 5 gallon batches of beer but went with the larger size for spirits which I'd like to do in 10 gallon ferments. And who knows maybe someday I'll want a larger batch of beer. Will be reading and looking for info on running it. I saw the Discussion/tips talk thread. Now it's just a waiting game for them to come in and ship.

Last edited:
Thanks I've read through that thread also. Lots of great info. Planning to use the brewzilla to heat up sparge water and put in my current mash ton then mash in the brewzilla and sparge from the old mash ton. Might take a few tries to get the temps correct but it seems like a good path. If I program it to be up to temp before I start this should work.

I would agree with this statement. I have a 35L and after chilling, I remove my chiller, clear the pump if needed by blowing air backwards through it, then install the whirlpool arm and whirlpool for 10 mins, then let is rest for 5 minutes before pumping it into the fermenter. I get almost no hop matter(using commando pellets) in my fermenter. All of it cones up nicely on the top of the false bottom.

YMMV

Lon

No I didn't. I haven't looked into when or why you would use one too much. It seems to be mostly used for highly hoped beers from the little I've seen. I don't like IPA's so don't plan on using large amounts of hops. I was thinking to keep using my hop bags for now to help keep the mess down. I'm still real new to all this. Only about 6 beers in so I've got a lot to learn still. I may change my mind in the future and get one.

No I didn't. I haven't looked into when or why you would use one too much. It seems to be mostly used for highly hoped beers from the little I've seen. I don't like IPA's so don't plan on using large amounts of hops. I was thinking to keep using my hop bags for now to help keep the mess down. I'm still real new to all this. Only about 6 beers in so I've got a lot to learn still. I may change my mind in the future and get one.

It is great for IPA BUT also speeds up the process of chill down. The water flow against the wort chiller as you cool down. So easy to just swap the arm out. Cover the brewzilla and walk away while it chills. Come back in 20/30 mins (if not faster in winter) and you're ready to transfer to the fermenter

Thank you . Didn't think of that. I'll have to keep that in mind. Looks like a month or two at least till they ship so I've got some time.

Latest posts

Back