Just had to show someone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SakARow

Reaction score
I needed to make a BIG starter but the biggest container I had was only 2000mL... So I used a corny w/ sterile air in (maybe but not completely)

What do you think?

IMAG0395.jpg

There is a 2" stir-bar in there as well! Party time for the yeast monsters :ban:

Oh yeah. You can hear the magnet spin and if you take the top off and look inside you can see a nice whirlpool going on. The speed does have to be up around 7-10 to get it going nice and strong, but still effective. Much quieter than when I make starters in an erlenmeyer.

its actually the first step for a 7 bbl batch :rockin:

I'll start the next step this after noon. I think that one is going to need a 6.5 gal carboy!

For the record, the fermenter was bubbling after 1.5 hrs. Not bad I say, not bad.

It gets a little warm if you let it go at full speed for a long time. I was letting it go for 2 hours on and 1 hour off at 8 (speed out of 10). Over night I put it on 5 and let it go to town

Back