Just bought an Avanti BD6000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sjorge3442

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Long story short, I had a kegerator which was a joint purchase with my old roommate. It was a converted fridge that never kept temperatures correctly so I let him have it and I took the Plasma TV we split. He ended up using a temp controller on it and now it works great.

Tonight I grabbed a Avanti BD6000 + empty half barrel + 20lb Co2 tank (Freshly filled) for $250. Thing is, I dont know how the internals work on this thing. It has a hard pipe that goes up through the tower and then to the faucet. Does this hard line just press into the faucet and depend on the o-ring to hold it in place? Seems like something may be missing. Here are some pics. Other than that, I plan on hitting up the HBS tomorrow for a keg and fittings. Pretty pumped to have a kegerator again since I did not want to bottle this mint chocolate stout I have in my car boy.

I will try to post pictures later of the setup I am talking about. I am sure there are plenty of people on here still using the original hard line on their avantis.

Back