Just bought 6pk of miller lite...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between kids, work, and guards I don't have a lot of time to get a real pipeline going and in miller lite is my go to beer when either out of homebrew or waiting for some to finish.

So...you really do drink Busch Light! I suppose as long as you don't make any smart chicken remarks about the beer I'm buying, I won't hold it against you... :p

Yes.

0122051759.jpg
0122051759a.jpg

It's a matter of preference. BMC beers are very well made, it's just that they tend to be bland in comparison to anything homemade. In fact, most homebrewers couldn't make a BMC if they tried. Then again, why would they?

Well -made, as in highly repeatable, and will taste like water every time, maybe. But for $2-$3 per 6er, I can have something MUCH MO BETTA!

BTW everyone, I just bought a 6er of Dos equis xx amber. .. definitely a step up from bmc, but I prefer fat tire for the same price. Please remember I have very little choice in my area, lol.

dude, that's like posting pictures of a bad car wreck.

Well -made, as in highly repeatable, and will taste like water every time, maybe. But for $2-$3 per 6er, I can have something MUCH MO BETTA!

BTW everyone, I just bought a 6er of Dos equis xx amber. .. definitely a step up from bmc, but I prefer fat tire for the same price. Please remember I have very little choice in my area, lol.
that's a great reason to home brew!

Well made as in very high degree of process control, consistency, and quality control. Levels that would make any homebrewer jealous.

It's just that they are bland recipes, so homebrewers (understandably) like to mock them. Those facilities are the Mecca of beer and brewing technology; it's a shame they're wasted on such bland beer. Like I said, it's a matter of preference.

Well made as in very high degree of process control, consistency, and quality control. Levels that would make any homebrewer jealous.

It's just that they are bland recipes, so homebrewers (understandably) like to mock them. Those facilities are the Mecca of beer and brewing technology; it's a shame they're wasted on such bland beer. Like I said, it's a matter of preference.

I was going to improve on your statement, but I cannot. I simply quote you.

I drink BMC when craft is not offered, at big concerts and events and such. I can drink Coors light all day...I might not enjoy it as much as I do a craft beer, but it's really not as bad as people make it out to be. I go to a lot of Indians games during the season and luckily progressive field has a GREAT craft selection. All beer is good..

I'm proud to say i normally don't come across free, or the like, bmc beer. It's usually byob or sam adams's or Sierra Nevada is provided. You could argue they both are mass produced, and might qualify as a bmc minded beer, but i say I'm lucky. I'm happy i don't have to dabble with bmc even though ill enjoy a free beer at any time. I'll take, or buy, a sam adams or sn any day of the week!

Just cracked the first BMC product I've had in months. .. this is some expensive a** carbonated water!

I did need to do this, though, because it gives me perspective as to how much better my beers and the limited selection of "craft" beers I have access to are than this... water...

I can't believe that I used to drink miller lite because I liked the "flavor " better than bud lite, Busch lite, and Coors lite...

Wow. I believe that my taste buds may have evolved or something over the last several months.

Any thoughts from others on this subject?

Good chance to get your 6 pack badge on Untappd!! Cheers.:mug:

My boss only drinks butt light. He asks me occasionally if i want a beer after work. I always have an excuse to not have to drink that crap. We made a bet one time, the winner would receive a 30 pack, when I won the bet he tried to give me a 30 of bud light, I said just give me a $20 and I will get my own beer thanks.

Yeah. Why did you need to buy six of them to make a test? Couldn't you just buy one?

My cho in ces at the store I stopped at had a choice of bmc, bmc, or bmc. And also, the store across the road, which I normally go to, stopped carrying fat tire. Now, i have to drive another 10 minutes to get non-bmc besides Dos equis, and that's abita turbodog. I love it, but anything gets old after a while. ..

My boss only drinks butt light. He asks me occasionally if i want a beer after work. I always have an excuse to not have to drink that crap. We made a bet one time, the winner would receive a 30 pack, when I won the bet he tried to give me a 30 of bud light, I said just give me a $20 and I will get my own beer thanks.

tell him what I told my boss, "Grow some balls and drink a beer with some flavor. You need to harden the flocc up." so I gave him some home brew. I believe it was a Rye DIPA big on Cascade and Citra. he said my beer was too strong flavored for him and he was buzzed off one beer. i told him he had delicate taste buds and, "Everyone has personal taste. Thanks for being honest, sissy."

Tailgate beers have their place - like on a golf course on an 85-degree sunny day, but I have not bought a macrobrew unless I was at a concert, game or golfing in years.

dude, that's like posting pictures of a bad car wreck.

that's a great reason to home brew!

That's about 4-5 week's worth of drinking... if i drank that much craft, I'd be in the poor house. If I drank that much HB, I would never have a pipeline.

hatersplit.jpg

On the rare occasion that I have had a Miller or Bud etc etc it reminds me of a diet soda that has been around to long or stored to warm. There is just something missing.

Last edited:
Oh look, another thread of enlightened gentleman, waxing poetic about their superb palates, their brewing prowess, and the superiority of their triple decoction, late hopped, barrel aged brew over the macrobrew swill all of the plebs drink.

Good thing your noses are so high in the air, it keeps your monocles from falling off.

TL;DR: I drink PBR and I enjoy it.

:cross:

TL;DR2: trying brewing your own American Light Lager and show those BMC dolts how easy it is.

I lived in India for a time and when I got back home I couldn't stand the 'bland' food. Had to dump a bottle of tabasco sauce on mac n' cheese in order to taste anything.

Think the same thing happens with beer. You get used to drink more flavorful beer and before you know it anything else tastes like water.

I lived in India for a time and when I got back home I couldn't stand the 'bland' food. Had to dump a bottle of tabasco sauce on mac n' cheese in order to taste anything.

Think the same thing happens with beer. You get used to drink more flavorful beer and before you know it anything else tastes like water.
This^

In honor of this thread in going to go home and drink me a Coors Light. Been sitting in my back yard at a crisp 45* all week.

Oh look, another thread of enlightened gentleman, waxing poetic about their superb palates, their brewing prowess, and the superiority of their triple decoction, late hopped, barrel aged brew over the macrobrew swill all of the plebs drink.

Good thing your noses are so high in the air, it keeps your monocles from falling off.

TL;DR2: trying brewing your own American Light Lager and show those BMC dolts how easy it is.
I will not drink a beer I know I don't like. that just happens to be BMC and their light varieties. and I know that Light American Lager is a difficult style to brew, but we sure as flocc don't need to suck BMC balls and praise them for a crappy flavorless beer they produce consistently. we don't have to like BMCs because they are difficult to brew.

I will not drink a beer I know I don't like. that just happens to be BMC and their light varieties. and I know that Light American Lager is a difficult style to brew, but we sure as flocc don't need to suck BMC balls and praise them for a crappy flavorless beer they produce consistently. we don't have to like BMCs because they are difficult to brew.

Billy,
Just once I would like you to tell us how you really feel! :eek::D:eek:

This is the less tactful version of what I was trying to say earlier. Screw it, I'll jump on board. Every once in a while some bloated newb posts on HBT about how crappy BMC, Guinness, or New Castle is in order to establish a thinly veiled perception of superiority, yet few (if any) of these people are willing to even acknowledge nor respect the accomplishments of such facilities. Just because you brew (using simpler methods) with more ingredients to make a beer that has more flavor, does not make you a better brewer than the janitor at Coors. You don't have to like BMC in order to admire their levels of process control, precision, consistency, and quality control. Yeah, I get it, their beer is bland, and corporate beer is evil and all that.

This is the less tactful version of what I was trying to say. Every once in a while some bloated newb posts on HBT about how crappy BMC, Guinness, New Castle, etc. is in order to establish a thinly veiled perception of superiority, yet none of these people could clone BMC to save their lives. Just because you use simpler methods and more ingredients to make a beer that has more flavor, does not make you a better brewer than the janitor at Coors.

I'm just saying that my sense of taste and my personal palate have shifted to the point that something I previously loved now tastes bland and undesirable. I'm a newbie, and I accept that. I saved it not ok t9 be amazed at these things as I learn more and more about the possibilities of beer? I would love to be the janitor at any of the big 3. At least I'd get to be around beer all day. I also wondered if anyone else has experienced such a palate shift after branching out ... lighten up, turdknockers.

I'm just saying that my sense of taste and my personal palate have shifted to the point that something I previously loved now tastes bland and undesirable. I'm a newbie, and I accept that. I saved it not ok t9 be amazed at these things as I learn more and more about the possibilities of beer? I would love to be the janitor at any of the big 3. At least I'd get to be around beer all day. I also wondered if anyone else has experienced such a palate shift after branching out ... lighten up, turdknockers.

Please don't take my rant personally. I'm generalizing about an all too common occurance on this site, and others like it. Even in microbrew taprooms across the country you'll find some college student with an Untappd account or someone on their third all grain batch ripping on the established (even Guinness, FFS). As both a long time hobby homebrewer, and and a professional brewer, it just irks me that people feel they need step on others to seem taller, when the real goal should be to learn everything you can from anyone you can. There are plenty of ways to grow and learn, but discrediting something to the point of dismissing it as a whole when you know hardly anything about it isn't helping anyone. Although, there was a time when I was new to homebrewing, so I don't make any personal judgments. I just like to rant. :D

Please don't take my rant personally. I'm generalizing about an all too common occurance on this site, and others like it. Even in microbrew taprooms across the country you'll find some college student with an Untappd account or someone on their third all grain batch ripping on the established (even Guinness, FFS). As both a long time hobby homebrewer, and and a professional brewer, it just irks me that people feel they need step on others to seem taller, when the real goal should be to learn everything you can from anyone you can. There are plenty of ways to grow and learn, but discrediting something to the point of dismissing it as a whole when you know hardly anything about it isn't helping anyone. Although, there was a time when I was new to homebrewing, so I don't make any personal judgments. I just like to rant. :D

I can learn from and appreciate any type of beer, and am glad to. example : I am at a bar I've never been to before. The only non-bmc choices are new Belgium fat tire, or abita's wrought iron ipa. Haven't liked an ipa to date, but I decided to try it out just because. I freaking love it, lol.

tell him what I told my boss, "Grow some balls and drink a beer with some flavor. You need to harden the flocc up." so I gave him some home brew. I believe it was a Rye DIPA big on Cascade and Citra. he said my beer was too strong flavored for him and he was buzzed off one beer. i told him he had delicate taste buds and, "Everyone has personal taste. Thanks for being honest, sissy."

Billy Klub- your an interesting character, right on bro your a cool mother ****er. My boss says his neighbor brought him an IPA and he was gone afyer two, probably a shock top, ha ha ja ha ja hA

Billy Klub- your an interesting character, right on bro your a cool mother ****er. My boss says his neighbor brought him an IPA and he was gone after two, probably a shock top, ha ha ha ha ha ha! Where you from?

I can learn from and appreciate any type of beer, and am glad to. example : I am at a bar I've never been to before. The only non-bmc choices are new Belgium fat tire, or abita's wrought iron ipa. Haven't liked an ipa to date, but I decided to try it out just because. I freaking love it, lol.

That's the idea! You will get far with that attitude. Mind you, my rant wasn't personal towards you or anyone in particular. I was a beginner once. Nobody is born with information. Listen to accomplished brewers, observe accomplished operations and facilities, and save your bias until you understand.

That's the idea! You will get far with that attitude. Mind you, my rant wasn't personal towards you or anyone in particular. I was a beginner once. Nobody is born with information. Listen to accomplished brewers, observe accomplished operations and facilities, and save your bias until you understand.

I was born knowing everything but cursed without a thing that make me talking out good to people good so they can know the words... that I have the meaning for...:pipe:

Hah, 6 down now, and I'm feeling my warm and fuzzy. :)

I don't know if anyone is being stuck up asses. I just know that I don't enjoy BMC at all. I don't think there is anything wrong about saying that we'd rather drink homebrew, craft beer or water than BMC. It's just our personal tastes. In college I drank a ton of Bud Light. It wasn't until I became a business owner and wanted to support other Michigan businesses that I started drinking craft beer. My tastes have changed a lot since then and I'd just rather not drink BMC. I have mad respect for their brewers, I just don't like their products.

Back