Jurassic world *spoilers*

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goofynewfie

Reaction score
Swmbo and I saw this last night and I was impressed. Doesn't top the original but still a good movie. CGI was impressive, especially the final fight with the t-rex and the hybrid. The was a few minor details that weren't realistic, but hey, its a movie about freakin dinosaurs.

I enjoyed it, really nice popcorn movie. It's no Mad Mad mind you in that it's great fun and a great film. Do feel like it was a little long and since the thread title has spoiler in it. How dumb was the raptor splicing twist? So stupid.

Probably a rental for me.

Same with Poltergeist, but I'm slightly more interested in Poltergeist. It will be hard to beat the original though.

I think that would have pushed the homage factor a little over the top. All right great fun, and even though they STILL didn't put my favorite in, but at least they made 2 great references to it.

Things that stand out to me.

I was shaking my head constantly at how contrived it all was, and at trying to hold back the big grin that the awesomeness of it all was giving me.:D

That scene where the assistant gets attacked by the pterodon (?). Holy heck, I didn't hate her enough to see that. Most brutal scene in the whole movie. Also, foreshadowing...

T-Rex - is that supposed to be the original T-Rex from Jurassic Park 20 years earlier? She looked so old, and I was reading into that in all kinds of ways about how this movie represented some kind of old-school hollywood coming back into vogue and how that's a good thing. Maybe it was just nostalgia for old-school hollywood.

Finally, I thought there were a couple allusions to the first book. The aviary stuff and also when Owen's partner hides in a log from a raptor. Those were great parts of the book that were left out of the first JP movie.

I thought it was pretty good. Not as good as the original though. I didn't think it was too long at all.

Did anyone else recognize the Asian scientist guy in the lab? Wasn't that the same Asian guy in the lab from the original movie? I think he was hatching a baby raptor or something in the original.

I thought it was pretty good. Not as good as the original though. I didn't think it was too long at all.

Did anyone else recognize the Asian scientist guy in the lab? Wasn't that the same Asian guy in the lab from the original movie? I think he was hatching a baby raptor or something in the original.

Yeah he was the same guy

I thought it was overall a good flick the end was a bit much, IDK what would have kept that Mosasaurus from attacking park guests when the park was functional like it did the I-Rex at the end....

Also not sure why a T-Rex being loose is so much better, all those little nit picks aside still worth a watch

Yeah. I wouldn't say I see a ton of movies in theatres, but this was the first one I've been to in a while where the audience actually applauded at the end. It was good but I was a bit surprised by that.

Yeah he was the same guy

I thought it was overall a good flick the end was a bit much, IDK what would have kept that Mosasaurus from attacking park guests when the park was functional like it did the I-Rex at the end....

Also not sure why a T-Rex being loose is so much better, all those little nit picks aside still worth a watch

As far as the Mosa, just before it comes and and grabs the IRex, there was an electrified fence that got smashed up. As far as the T-Rex being loose, the T-Rex was far less aggressive. Not that it really mattered that much as the island was mostly evacuated at that point anyway.

Back