Joining in from PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VinoD

Reaction score
Hey all!! Nice site you've got going on here!! A fellow on an unrelated forum told me about this place last nite. Many thanks to him!!

I'm a 40-something newbie to the home hooch making experience. I got the "family recipe" last summer from my wife's uncle. The "family recipe" involves gallon milk jugs, O.K.? :D So, anyways........fruit was everywhere last year and i ended up doing 20 jugs of varied things.....red raspberry, blackberry, elderberry, blueberry and yellow pear tomato. I had fantastic success despite the archaic (redneck) methods. So (even though I drink very little wine) I'm hooked. I've upgraded my equipment somewhat and refined some methods for this year. I currently have a 5 gallon batch of strawberry at 1 week in the secondary and doing quite nicely. Next up is a 5gallon of blueberry as soon as they come in season here.

Hope to make some of your acquaintences over the course of the future. :mug:

Latest posts

Back