Jockey box tips

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trails_n_Ales

Reaction score
Hi all, i just purchases a jockey box with the metal coils inside. I tested it out last night and had trouble dialing in the pressure. 10psi came out as a dribble and 12psi came out foamy. I didn't want to run any more beer through it and be short for this weekend so I shut it down.

Any advice on how to set up and get a nice pour out of this would be appreciated. Thanks!

You should not have that much difference between those two pressures. Something is not right.

You may still need to balance the line length/resistance for the temperature. Your beer is cold, right? That always helps.

We have a 5-tap cold plate setup, and didn't have any problems serving a good range of pressures with various lengths of hose and warm beer. It's possible, but that cold plate jockey box is different than a coil jockey box. Maybe there is a rough edge somewhere causing turbulence?

I did see some bubbles forming when the tubing met the coil. Maybe a connection issue so I'll tighten everything to be sure. I will have my kegs cold and the coils sitting in ice water.

So 25-40 psi is ideal? Seems pretty high.

Yea, gotta be an air leak.

I would get the leak at the connections stopped and dial in your pressure on serving day.

Latest posts

Back