Janet's Brown Dry Hop Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gravedigger

Reaction score
I bought the kit so I have the Centennial's but I also have some homegrown chinook and cascasde. I was thinking about using the cascade and saving the cent pellets. I figured I know the AA of the pellets and could use them as bittering for another brew and use up some of my homegrowns for the dry hopping. My problem is that These are first year cascades and I've never used homegrown before. I really don't won't to screw up this recipe so I would appreciate any suggestions/opinions. Also wondering how many oz of the homegrown to use if I go that route. The recipe is for 2oz cent pellets.

Home grown hops are fine for dry hopping as the AAs do not have an impact on dry hopping, only the aroma will matter. Also no AA isomerization will take place without a boil. In short, dry hop away with the home grown stuff - expect them to suck up a bit of beer though!

Do yourself a favor and take a small jar of your beer and test it with your home grown hops first. If they are grassy you will be sorry you messed up.

Back