Jamil Show

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socalhomebrewer

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows what is going on with the Jamil Show. I am looking at the BN webiste and iTunes podcasts and dont see any new shows up, and dont see anything upcoming. Love the show so I hope it has not come to an end.

I'm sorry, I meant the 'can you brew it' show. On the BN podcast page the cybi podcast are together and not on a different tab and the tab still says the jamil show. So I forgot to differentiate them. Does anyone know what I going on with the 'Can you brew it' show, the last podcast was 11-6-11, and they are usually putting the podcasts out ever 2 weeks. Love the series, don't want to see it go.

It's too bad if that's the case. The brewing Network shows are sooo much better than shows like Brewing TV... The last 4 episodes have been about Minnesota micro-brewery's. Considering the sponsors of BTV are northern brewer, Home Brew Talk, the AHA the BN... And the list goes on; it seems kind of strange that all we get from them are brewery tour episodes about breweries that I don't give a s**t about.

I'd actually prefer if Tasty took over whether Jamil wants to do it anymore or not. Tasty asks better questions of the brewers in my mind, and Jamil can be irritating with some of his jokes. I've always preferred BBR, I just don't "need" most of their topics anymore and Chris Colby is the second most annoying person ever behind Joe Buck. I like CYBI because other than the dumb jokes, they always talk beer and recipes.

I don't think Tasty has the personality to take the reins. He's not funny and I don't really think he has the knowledge that Jamil does. Plus, even if he did, he's definitely not "front man" material - he has sidekick written all over. Good comments, but a front man needs to be able to fill silence - he's more reflective. Which in real life I think I would much prefer. But on the radio...

IIRC, the crew said on their last podcast it would be the last one until the new year. Don't worry, the boys will be back.

Pappers_ said:
I think they are recording a show about once a month. The last show was in November 2011.

They record two shows back to back roughly once a month.

Back