Jalapeño Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd prefer not to need to make another stop to the LHBS as I've been there several times within a week! But I'm considering it since I need to work around the hops, and don't want to add any more honey. I have thought about table or corn sugar.

Doesn't adding the vodka soaked jalapeño mix boost the ABV? I'm looking for this to be a mid 5% beer. How much should I figure in? I'm guessing that 5-8 oz in a 4.5 gal batch would only add 0.1-2%.

I couldn't help myself. It tasted good at bottling, and because it "bulk conditioned" in primary I cut the conditioning time a bit for a bottle. I even put it in the freezer for a bit to help "force carb" it a little, which didn't help, but WOW!!! Great beer!

I would say that I'd probably add 1 more jalapeño and split it between the boil and "dry peppering."

Got me some BBQing beer here!

Oh, and it became 6.3%, which is well out of the range for a cream ale, and possibly a bit much for a long BBQ, which I like to do as I like a low heat nice and smokey flavor.

I've made an Apricot & Jalapenos Imperial IPA last year and it was almost perfect. I used way too many peppers. It made us cry but the flavor was on point.

Resurrection!

I revised the recipe and made it into a blonde and called it Smokin' Hot Blonde. The heat and flavor nose dived quickly this last time.

I just recently made another as I wanted to send some to someone interested. I had to rob another brew to piece together a recipe, and then I did a few things differently. I had 7 jalapeños to work with so I used the extra in the "dry pepper" and the 3 I used in the boil I tried for 14 mins instead of 7 and kept them in the pot while I cooled it down like a whirlpool.

Latest posts

Back