• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

North Carolina Jaded King Cobra Tall (24" to bend) - $125 firm + S&H&Ins

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rzwahr

Reaction score
THIS ITEM IS SOLD!!!
Jaded King Cobra Tall (24" to bend) $125 FIRM + shipping/insurance
SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY - NO HAGGLING, NO REFUNDS, NO BS

Pictures can be seen here

This chiller really needs no introduction - it’s pretty famous in the homebrew community and rightfully so. It is a beast, and can chill 10 gallons of wort to below 140F within an average of about 5 minutes, and that is with my 78-80F tap water. Using ice water, it drops about 2x as fast - it’s pretty amazing.

To be perfectly honest, I am highly reluctant to give it up, but it is what it is and I need to convert some of my brew gear into cash - having said that I am not desperate so I'm not gonna lose my shirt on it.

I simply cannot say enough good things about this chiller. My best guess is I have used this chiller about 8-10 times. I brew once every 2 months or so, and got it at the end of 2014. From a usage perspective, it's in fantastic shape, not a dent in it or a thing wrong with it.

**POTENTIAL BUYERS PLEASE READ**
Consider this the T's and C's, fine print, whatever. Since this chiller is made of copper, and has copper welds, it is subject to getting bent/damaged during shipping. As such, I WILL NOT ship this chiller without putting insurance on it. I will insure this for $200, so if anything happens, you get a new one, and I don't have to be the bearer of bad news when I remind you I'm not giving you a refund. Again, I want to be very clear on the price - it is FIRM, I will not change my mind - I’ll just keep the chiller. I want to avoid wasting my time or your time, so if negotiation on price is even mentioned, I will assume you did not read this and thus are not a serious buyer and I won't spend the time to respond.

Anyway, PM me if you are SERIOUS and AGREE with the T&C stuff above, and I can give you a shipping quote. Paypal only - pay before ship.

If you're local in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area in North Carolina, we can arrange a pickup.

Here’s the official specs from Jaded’s website:
(Note - I bought this at the end of 2014, and at that time the "tall" version of this chiller was 24" to the bottom of the bend. Pointing this out, as the new spec on their site now says 25")

(http://jadedbrewing.com/products/the-king-cobra)

The King Cobra is the first immersion chiller designed specifically for “stock pot” type brewing kettles.

Its unique design allows for maximum chilling power and efficiency in wide kettles.

With the King Cobra, you can keep all of the chilling power where it needs to be. IN THE WORT!

Similar to JaDeD Brewing’s Hydra wort chiller, the King Cobra consists of three, 25’ - 3/8” chillers running in parallel, taking the King Cobra only 3.5 minutes to chill 5 gallons of wort to 68 degrees Farenheit using 58 degree Farenheit tap water!

The solid brass garden hose fittings are threaded onto soldered 1/2" MIP fittings on the chiller, which is superior to a compression fittings that can leak.

All JaDeD chillers use potable water safe, lead free solder for soldered connections.

Chiller specifications:

Chilling coils: 14”diameter, 4” high

Input/output: 20” to the bottom of the bend ("Tall" height is 25" to the bottom of the bend)

Latest posts

Back