• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Jaded King Cobra immersion chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frostbrewer

Reaction score
Looking to buy a Jaded King Cobra IC.

They seem pretty awesome so I doubt this will get any hiys. But I figured it's worth a shot

Just bought one, one word, awesome.
Okay, now for the details. When I ordered 3-4 weeks ago, I got an email saying that it might take 4-6 weeks to build. I wasn't so happy about that, but like most things that are this high end (like the services of a good welder), time is part of the overall price u have to pay. And in all fairness, I am sure they are slammed with business and they were upfront about how long it would take.
With that said, it came under 4 weeks. So hope u aren't in a rush.
The quality is extraordinary; clean brazed fits and the copper wire strands that space the coils are really, really meticulous. I am a fairly handy dude and I couldn't have created this.
Overall very happy and would recommend. Oh yea, the best part, it works just as they advertise. Cooling times are comparable to a plate chiller and u have all the well known benefits of an IC. My two cents anyway, hope this helps.

That helps tremendously to be honest. I really am not expecting anyone to have one to sell.

Got a couple things to sell and I'm totally ordering one.

Thanks PB

Oh man, sorry, just realized this thread was under "looking to buy"....yea, I agree I don't see anyone selling a used one, but you never know.
Just brewed again today (6+gal batch) and was blown away how fast it chills. I got below 140 in under 3 mins with good old SE Louisiana's tap water (80+degrees). Then ran my chilled water and finished it off under 12 mins total time. This was with a pump mind you, so if your ground tap water is really cold, u will beat my times easily. I do recirculate tho, and highly recommend this. I think the reason why these jaded chillers work so well is that in addition to having 3 lines, they are very evenly spaced maximizing the cooling surface area. It's hilarious, I've had two chillers (a standard 25 ft, then a 50 ft) before this and was seriously contemplating getting a plate. Glad I didn't, this has exceeded my expectations.

Back