I've got this beer..................

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evets

Reaction score
..........that I finally bottled after over a full year in secondary.

In October '09 I was diagnosed with lung cancer. Luckily, It was a very early detection of a fairly non-aggressive strain. After loosing half a lung, I have since made a pretty much full recovery. Anyway, I told you that to tell you this.
In Oct. 09 I brewed a Belgian Double which quit on me at about 1.030. I had just finished an Oktoberfest and racked it off to lager so I racked the double onto the the fest cake to finish it off. To my delight, it finished at about 1.012 or 3. Just before my surgery in Nov., I racked it to secondary where it remained until about a month ago. I then bottled that beer and the next day, I brewed my first batch in over a year, a double IPA which is actually still in primary, waiting for me to get around to it. HOWEVER!!, the double is ready and I must say, is an amazing beer! I'm not even sure how to describe it. A Double recipe finished with a lager yeast and aged for a year! I think I'm back!:rockin:

Congrats on making a full recovery. Glad to hear that the brew that was in the secondary turned out great.

One day, when homebrewing gets bigger, they will make a movie about you. ;)

Congrats, and enjoy!

This thread has me smilin'! I'm not sure I could wait a year, though. Glad to hear all your good news.

That is awesome...glad to see you're recovered and back in the game! That beer deserves a memorable name...any ideas for it yet?

Great story and glad to here you are back at it. Gives me some inspiration to age some beers longer then normal, just to see how they turn out.

Welcome back and congrats on the strong road to recovery. My suggestion for the beer name is below.

"Dubbel Down"

Because life is a gamble and you just came out with a big win.

Welcome back and congrats on the strong road to recovery. My suggestion for the beer name is below.

"Dubbel Down"

Because life is a gamble and you just came out with a big win.

win_button.jpg

Coming from someone who just recently lost a younger brother to lung cancer, I am very glad to see you are posting here. Enjoy the **** out of that beer!

Latest posts

Back