It's still fermenting I thing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim2akat2

Reaction score
So I go a gift of a Brooklyn Brewing Company one gallon all grain kit and it says to wait two weeks and then bottle but here in Florida the temp has warmed to 75 and my beer is now around 70 and fermenting like crazy. Should I let it go and wait till the mico bubbles are gone then bottle. The directions say wait two weeks and if no activity then bottle. I have had temps in the room of 55 to 68 for two weeks do I just need to let it go until the micro bubbles are gone or bottle now?

First you need to bring the temp down some using a swamp cooler. Just put a t-shirt over it, place it in a bucket of water so the bottom of the t-shirt is in the water. I would wait 3 weeks and then bottle. If you have a hydrometer than take 2 readings 24 hours apart if there the same then it's good to bottle.

Sounds like it's still fermenting. I wait till the 2 week mark to take an FG sample. Then you'll know if it's at FG or close to it. You're at a stable FG if the readings match 2 days apart.

Latest posts

Back