It's Official, I'm a paying Member!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GarySBrewing

Reaction score
Hello All, I have gained much knowledge reviewing posts on this site. I have found it to be a great resource for just about anything Homebrew related and then some, So when they announced the membership drive I thought it only fair to pony up and pay the reduced rate of $19.99 for the year. Even though my brew season ends in 3 weeks and I have only 2 batches left to brew. I'm thinking another English brown ale and perhaps another German Kolsch.:drunk:

Same here - I appreciate all the information that is available, and 19.99 is a bargain!

I brew for a small brewpub, and the information here for "home brewers" more closely relates to the method and the output I produce each week. Since our venture is commercial instead of a hobby, I appreciate all the time saving tips and techniques I have picked up here to streamline our brewday.

Thanks!

Just paid myself. I've been on here for since the beginning of the year. Learned so much it's only fair I give back.

Thanks to everyone who helped/is helping me get better. $20 doesn't even come close to the value.

Hello All, I have gained much knowledge reviewing posts on this site. I have found it to be a great resource for just about anything Homebrew related and then some, So when they announced the membership drive I thought it only fair to pony up and pay the reduced rate of $19.99 for the year. Even though my brew season ends in 3 weeks and I have only 2 batches left to brew. I'm thinking another English brown ale and perhaps another German Kolsch.:drunk:

Why is your brewing season ending? Just curious!

Even though my brew season ends in 3 weeks and I have only 2 batches left to brew.

Brewing is seasonal? There's a lot of people on here who'd disagree including myself. Why is yours ending, deploying to the Middle East or something like that?

Too hot to brew maybe? I limited my brews last summer. Tired ot seeing that LCD hit 90, then have to deal with a horrible batch. My fermentation chamber is just about done ( I could actually use it now, but it's not sealed properly, so it wouldn't be very efficient) so I'll be brewing all summer long.

Hey Gary, if you want, you could come over to Staten Island for brew day and bottling day, and we'll do one big batch. LIke I said, my ferm chamber is just about done, and I have the capacity to keep up to 18 gallons fermenting comfortably. I could always use a hand, and it would be nice to have someone to talk to on brew day, as the only thing my wife says to me is "almost done?". I've offered this to many manhattan brewers, but no one took me up on it.

I hear there is a fire sale going on? Sorry not usually my style but it just makes me want to support a community that has been so helpful and THANK YOU HBT for keeping it free! Again, I WANT to support this site!:rockin:

Wish I could... I can't use Paypal. I let a family member use my account for an eBay business that they ran, and he did something to make Paypal close the account. Paypal refuses to reopen it, even though its been like 5 years! I guess I could get a second bank account, but what a PITA that is. :(

Hello all and thanks for your replies, Yes the reason my brew season will end is due to the daily temps exceeding 80f and killing fermentation success. This week has even been tough although I have carboy's in basement, but once summer comes then even there won't be safe until I build my lagering room, maybe next year. Thanks for invite Mikeysab, I may just take you up on that, I am now focused on brewing and storing enough to coast through summer, Just got my python trunk line for homemade kegorator system, should get it all together by end of next week which mean my tap will finally flow!! Relax & Have a Homebrew!

I can't support the drive, because I am already a lifetimer. Let's see............

.... here ya go dantheman

Gary, just PM me if you want to do a brew when the weather is too warm. I have no problem having ya over for a brew day. My upcoming 10 gallon batches are a wee heavy and BM's centennial blonde. I Have all the ingredients already. Just waiting for a free day. Feel free to join me.

I can't support the drive, because I am already a lifetimer. Let's see............

.... here ya go dantheman

Holy crap, man, you didn't have to do that! Of course, you knew that. Thanks so much for that. There was no way I could get a membership on my own. Quite a giving person. Thanks so much. :tank::ban::mug:

I feel like a lucky guy today. I went to a small beer tasting and met the president of our local homebrew club who tasted my first homebrew and gave me some tips, and now this! Thank you, Mark!

Aw man, just build a swamp cooler! Not the best solution, but certainly worth doing to keep the fermentation temps down until you get a craigslist freezer and a temp controller...

Holy crap, man, you didn't have to do that! Of course, you knew that. Thanks so much for that. There was no way I could get a membership on my own. Quite a giving person. Thanks so much. :tank::ban::mug:

I feel like a lucky guy today. I went to a small beer tasting and met the president of our local homebrew club who tasted my first homebrew and gave me some tips, and now this! Thank you, Mark!

You are quite welcome! I went lifetime back in '07 probably around the time I learned to brew all grain off of this forum. Sometimes I feel guilty that I don't have to pay anymore. Now I will get a "warm & fuzzy" everytime I see your new avatar.

I've been on this board for a bit over a year...and with the discount, I, too, just became a paying member. I have learned so much from the denizens that inhabit this board! The annual membership cost is a mere pittance of what this board is truly worth to me.

glenn514:mug:

Also just signed up, only been here (and brewing!) for a couple of weeks but figured I plan to try and keep it up so its probably worth it :)

Yay just joined up as well. Tons-o information on here. Although HBT is kinda like a gateway drug, it was the first step in the addiction!!

You are quite welcome! I went lifetime back in '07 probably around the time I learned to brew all grain off of this forum. Sometimes I feel guilty that I don't have to pay anymore. Now I will get a "warm & fuzzy" everytime I see your new avatar.

If you are ever in Vegas, I owe you a beer! ;)

Been learning from here for over two years. Considering what I have learned here and the volumes of delicious beer and cider or wine I crafted (and consumed) with that knowledge, $20 CDN was well spent!

:mug:

Congratulations for becoming a paying member! I made the jump a while ago and will stay a paying member! I have taken so much from these forums I cannot in clear conscience participate without payment. I owe 100% of my brewing knowledge to the members here, and for a paltry sum will continue to support this resource, Brew on!

I just started researching building a brew stand pretty seriously late last year. It seemed whatever topic I was interested in, I kept landing here...tons of great advice, "would-have-done-different", "plans for the next stand", etc.

When the "Last Day of HBT Membership Special" email came through, paying a small price for the wealth of knowledge was a no-brainer!

Thanks all for sharing,

Billy

Welcome to all of you!

When I first became a supporter, I think it was $15 per year. I came to the site, after googling a question about a problem with my batch, and I ended up here. Within a few days, I was a premium supporter because I got far more than $15 worth of information just in a couple of days! I learned more from this forum than any book or conference and still do.

I would have never built a kegerator, an all-electric HERMS, or any of that without this forum. I blame you all! You guys own me $10,000. :D

Yoop, I will be collecting the 10k and I Will personally deliver it to you this summer,

Now to figure out the 10k angle, maybe I just need to start man-ho'n

I missed the membership special but seems like $25 is still a bargain! Looking forward to getting set up on here and getting to know everyone!

Back