It's Friday...who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 20 gallons in buckets sitting around. Can anyone help me convince my SWMBO to let brew tonight?
I've got 5 gallons bottled, 10 gallons fermenting, and just got the ingredients for my next batch (that I'm going to do on Monday). For the record, it was SWMBOs idea for me to brew another batch - and she doesn't even like beer! Damn, I'm a lucky bastard (she also told me it was time to buy kegs - after my 3rd batch!)

Going for a double brewday on Sunday. Gotta replenish the house ale (Centennial Blond), and also am going to brew up my first original all grain recipe, calling it Hitman Ale. It is a ESB that hopefully will be good so I can brew it again in time for the Ricky Hatten vs Manny Pacquiao fight.

Taking advantage of the season and brewing a Maple ale sunday using some syrup made by a friend.

Craig

Brewing up my brown ale, Cranky Wife Tonic. I will be trying a new hop schedule, all simcoe. Oh and, a new yeast, Yorkshire. I guess this should be a new recipe all together...

I'll be doing an IPA on Saturday. I brewed a Wee Heavy last weekend, which is happily bubbling away. With barbecue season around the corner (hopefully), I'm trying to stockpile. It will be a Nut Brown Ale after I rack the Wee Heavy in 3 weeks or so.

Helping a buddy try his hand with a weizenbier extract kit in his garage on Saturday, and hopefully I will be trying for my first AG batch, a Midwest Irish Red, on Sunday. :rockin: Assuming the bridal shower guest stay in the house.

There is a block, bon fire roast sat night, I'm planning on doing some brewing durring the day and doing some smoker cooking in preparation for the party...

Alas all I have left on tap is the Heff. They will be dissapointed that the M&J just isn't ready yet.l..

Then At some point I need to get out with the tractor and ready the field for the first year of hops growing. "Hop Poles"... well I'm still working out ideas.

Cheers and may all your beer brewing sessions this w/e go swimingly.:mug:

Well, if my Irish Stout is done(2-8:OG 1.036, 2-15:SG 1.020), Sunday morning will be bottling time, and Sunday night I will be doing my IPA I have been working on with Beersmith. If not, next Sunday it is.

No brewing this weekend. I'll be putting together the keezer.

I should be brewing something next weekend though.

I just got out of my internal medicine midterm, so hell yeah I am brewing..... TONIGHT!!!!

:mug:

I'll set up the Spanish Castle Ale carboy late tonight and keg it Saturday first thing.
Then wash that yeast.
Then brewing a Dubbel on Saturday.
Then set up the Munich Helles late Saturday night and keg it Sunday first thing.
Then brewing a Pils on Sunday.

Both brews are decoctions which take more time. Busy weekend...for me (some of you guys are animals!).:)

I'll be brewing the Midwest Berlin Hefe this weekend, and bottling a batch of the same.

Hopefully, I'll be brewing the beer I've been trying to brew for THREE FRIGGIN WEEKS NOW tomorrow. Every time I've tried, something has some up. I even reached the point of having water heating on the stove and had to shut it down.

Bottling my Dortmunder Export tonight and brewing English Brown Ale tomorrow morning. I have to get it all done by tomorrow morning because rest of weekend is booked up and next 2 weekends booked as well. Oh the stress!

Dennis

Kegging a 10 gallon of Amber Ale this weekend.

Going to try to brew 20 gallon next Saturday.(fingers crossed):ban:

Note to RC:
Have you tried to contact AHS? I'm not a customer of Forrest, but I can't imagine him not making every effort to correct their error.

It depends. The wife and I were planning to go to Madison, WI for a big model train show, followed by dinner & beers at The Great Dane and Ale Asylum. Booked a hotel and planned to have a great weekend of it. But now a bad snow strom is predicted to hit late tonight through tomorrow. NWS is predicting 6"-8" and heavy, fast snowfalls at times. What would be a nice three hour drive might become a 7-8 hour, white-knuckle PITA.

So, if I do stay home and brew, it'll be something easy this Sunday, when the snow is supposed to clear. It'll either be my Weizenbock or this Otter Creek Mud Bock Spring Ale clone.

No brewing unfortunately, but I am kegging for the first time!!! :ban::ban::ban: I am kegging up 5 gallons of BM's belgian wit, and can't wait to take the first sip of homebrew from my own taps!:D

I am brewing a Maibock on Sunday for sure, got the yeast starter going for it yesterday. But my wife just told me she isn't going to be around tonight or all day tomorrow. So I am thinking about brewing saturday as well since I have the stuff to do an Old Ale...or I could get drunk and play video games till I pass out.

Funny, I'm busy all night tonight and tomorrow, but maybe Sunday I'll brew

j/k ;)

A blonde to bottle and a brunette to dry hop. The yeasties are getting busy with themselves in the starter to brew another batch of Mt. Crumpet (2-hearted clone) tomorrow.

I got a 50 lb sack of 2-row yesterday, I have a bunch of specialty malts and hops but the crusher wont be here till Monday. I may bust out the rolling pin one last time. I don't know. Anyway, I have six buckets full now and only have five airlock (till Monday.) I could rack my lager to my single BB and make up a blow off tube for another batch...I'm not sure.

I Made a starter for a Hefe this morning. Today it is 60 and sunny here, tommorrow they are saying 27. Going to be a cold one!

I'm also doing up my first partial mash...The AHS Double Chocolate Stout. Should be fun. I really thought I would win that $50 AHS CO state sale gift card though. Maybe next year.

Christian

I'm going to brew this weekend, probably this evening when I get home. Probably going to do an All Grain lager and an Extract Lager or Can kit while the All Grain is mashing and boiling.

If I can drag my ass out of bed early enough and its not too cold, I'm going to bang out a stout and a brown ale Saturday morning.

Two tomorrow if I can swing it. Tudor Hopp'd Beere to start and Coal Porter to follow. First AG, second extract/steep because my pipeline is EMPTY. Sheesh!

Bob

Supposed to be 60-ish here in Denver this weekend, so I think I'm brewing starter tonight and my first shot at a CAP (decoction and all) on Sunday.

Back