It's a sickness

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgraber

Reaction score
I have 2 batches fermenting right now. I just ordered a 3rd bucket so I can start another batch.

That is all.

HA! Copy cat! Only kidding....but I did the same thing last week. Ran to my LHBS and picked up another bucket. Yesterday I ordered some more tap-a-draft mini kegs so I would have someplace to put it all in a couple weeks!

I only had 12 varieties of beer that I've brewed in bottles plus one more in the fermenter so this morning I "had" to brew another batch. I still have one carboy that I could ferment in so .......:)

I'm feeling the itch to brew again really strongly. 6 of my 9 kegs are empty, and three fermenters are available, with another one going to be available tomorrow. Gotta get my rear in gear! I've even got the ingredients to knock out 30+ gallons of brew, just no time to do so. I'm going to try to squeeze in a 10-gallon session this Sunday, maybe more.

I'm in the same boat. Brewed my first 2 batches this weekend. I cant stop watching the air locks bubble. And all I want to do is buy another kit and ale pale to ferment it in!!

I have to throw parties and pressure my friends to finish my kegs so I can brew more beer.

I'm planning on hitting up the lhbs to grab another bucket and 2 recipes. I've been wanting to make some sort of chai infused beer, and I know I'm going to blow through the chocolate porter I just brewed in no time so I figure I should get another batch going now. I also need to get another batch of apfelwein going. I'm also thinking about getting a double red going, so I might just need 2 more ale pails.

Since I started brewing on Jan 4th, I've acquired 6 carboys and 4 extract kits. I've got one fermenting, one bottled, and a brew day planned tomorrow. Not a bad start huh?

Hi Kgraber,
Boy I sure am glad I'm not the only one! I just got into home brewing last November. I've already brewed several batches and now have four carboys full of different fermenting beers as well as seven cans of extract waiting on the shelf. I'm almost afraid to add up how much I've spent on this hobby in the last three months :p
Up till now I've pretty much been a generic ale person but I'm looking to expand my horizons. Last night I went to the beer store and bought three different types of beer that I've never had before to get an idea of what other beers I would like. These included a Guinness, a Brown ale, and a Wheat beer. Too my surprise I liked them all, especially the Guinness.
I'm looking forward in the spring to moving up to partial mash brewing. It should be fun experimenting with different recipes and fine tuning them to my taste. I hope you're enjoying the world of home brewing too.

Mark

I have 2 batches fermenting right now. I just ordered a 3rd bucket so I can start another batch.

That is all.

just started brewing 09.2010. started with 1 bckt. brewed/bottled 2 batches. forget that! built a keezer - now have 4 kegs and 4 buckets.

breez7 - same here with the parties - empty 'em so i can brew some more!

My wife just asked me last night if there was a treatment for this "addiction" because everytime she sees me either flipping through a Zymurgy magazine, BYO, or another HB book. I said what addiction?? :D

It got so bad for me that I've started taking Beer to my friends unannounced to make room for more. It doesnt help that I'm in the process of honing in styles to start working on a business start up plan to go..yes I'm going to say it..pro!!! Within the next year... Yes fellas and gals, it is THAT addictive..

Yep I am addicted too...

Have two batches bottled and two sitting in fermenters right now, and I only started in late December , 12/29 to be exact.

Planning the next brew so as soon as one of my fermenters frees up I will brew another batch.:mug:

beergolf said:
Yep I am addicted too...

Have two batches bottled and two sitting in fermenters right now, and I only started in late December , 12/29 to be exact.

Planning the next brew so as soon as one of my fermenters frees up I will brew another batch.:mug:

Sounds like your only problem there is a lack of fermenters!!!

And so it continues. With the Kegcowboy coupon above I ordered the parts to convert my kegerator over to the corny kegs. Once I have that I'll be kegging some and bottling some.

Latest posts

Back