It started with a kiss...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IdiotBrewing

Reaction score
I remember the first time I snogged Louise Brockbank. She was tall, gangly, wore spectacles like bottle bottoms and made a weird nasal sound when she was excited. I didn't want any of my mates to see me with her so we nipped around the back of the White Bear. There, amongst the empties, I became a man. Well, I didn't really, but a seed was sown that I reaped once I became a man.

She came closer to me, her tongue flapping like a piece of liver, but I pushed Louise to one side and said, 'Smell that! It's glorious!'

It might have been the dregs in the bottles from a mountain of crates or the slops they'd tipped down the drain, but that smell of beer on a hot afternoon has stayed with me for some 40 years, and I still get a tingle down my spine every time I smell it.

I've dabbled with kitchen sink brewing over the years, seeking out advice from any source I can find (including this fine forum), but with a recent move giving me a bit more space, I've decided to jump in with both feet (metaphorically of course) to both brewing and this place.

Who knows? With a bit of advice I might even get good at this lark!

OK - thanks for that. :confused:

That's the most English-sounding paragraph I've ever read. :D

Welcome. Enjoy the hobby. Although it sounds like you won't have any problems with that. :D

Confused by "snogged," but tallyho! ...and what's with the Brexit? ...and welcome to the fray!

I remember the first time I snogged Louise Brockbank. She was tall, gangly, wore spectacles like bottle bottoms and made a weird nasal sound when she was excited. I didn't want any of my mates to see me with her so we nipped around the back of the White Bear. There, amongst the empties, I became a man. Well, I didn't really, but a seed was sown that I reaped once I became a man.

She came closer to me, her tongue flapping like a piece of liver, but I pushed Louise to one side and said, 'Smell that! It's glorious!'

It might have been the dregs in the bottles from a mountain of crates or the slops they'd tipped down the drain, but that smell of beer on a hot afternoon has stayed with me for some 40 years, and I still get a tingle down my spine every time I smell it.

I've dabbled with kitchen sink brewing over the years, seeking out advice from any source I can find (including this fine forum), but with a recent move giving me a bit more space, I've decided to jump in with both feet (metaphorically of course) to both brewing and this place.

Who knows? With a bit of advice I might even get good at this lark!

That is probably the best introduction to this forum I have ever read!

Welcome!

Cheers
Jay

Thanks all for the welcomes!

Singletrack: snogging is generally understood to mean kissing, but it's not quite kissing! Adults kiss, adolescents and drunks snog. It's a more clumsy and unrefined method with occasional face licking and general hand-up-the-jumper manoeuvres. It's obligatory in the UK.

Perhaps pushing aside that tongue flapping like a piece of liver wasn't the best choice, I can think of several uses for that....:mug:

I got a kick out of this so much. Welcome to the forum and thank you. I look forward to seeing where Brewing takes you

Thanks all for the welcomes!

Singletrack: snogging is generally understood to mean kissing, but it's not quite kissing! Adults kiss, adolescents and drunks snog. It's a more clumsy and unrefined method with occasional face licking and general hand-up-the-jumper manoeuvres. It's obligatory in the UK.

Ok Ok... MUCH better description. But then.... I am not British. HAHA! Welcome to HBT, mate!

Mike

:mug:

Latest posts

Back