Issues with Beersmith 2.0 yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steven85

Reaction score
I've been playing around with Beersmith for about a week now, and I've managed to setup new equipment and fermentor options, but one thing I can't seem to figure out is creating new yeast types. The calculated amount of yeast in the different types is around 100B cells. But I rinse my yeast, so I have a whole lot more than 100B cells. Because of this, I can't get an accurate starter size (I split the rinsed yeast into a couple batches and try to get them healthy again with a low gravity starter + nutrients). Is there anyway to add a yeast type, similar to the way I can add equipment? I can edit the yeast entries that they come with from 100B to a different, but then it will throw off my starter sizes when I start with a fresh vial of 100B cells. Is there any any to fix this, or will I just have to keep switching the numbers on the original yeast entry?

After re-reading this a few times, I can see I'm kind of rambling, but I don't know how else to explain it haha. Hope you guys understand what I'm getting at!

My copy of Beersmith2 has a button on the ribbon to add yeast. You should be able to create a new yeast with whatever properties you want.

Back