Isobaric bottle fillers? How do they work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omeya

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm opening my own nano-brewery in october and I'm trying to solve a problem that I have.

For years I have been working with gravity fillers which are ok, but a 4-headed gravity filler will only really bottle 150 bottles of beer an hour. So if I start out producing 6000 bottles of beer a month, I'm working 40 hours just to bottle and cap the beer. I want to bottle condition my beers, but at the same time I need to bottle faster.

A full professional bottling line is out of the question as I only really have 8,000-10,000 dollars to invest in a bottling system. I've seen these manual isobaric bottle fillers which advertise a production rate of 300 to 450 bottles / hour, and are within my budget. But I really have no idea how isobaric fillers work. I dont know if they would allow me to bottle condition or not, or even if isobaric bottlers are faster than gravity fillers.

Can anybody tell me anything about them?

You should probably post this on www.probrewer.com since most people here are homebrewing and not processing 6000 bottles a month. That said, other than probrewer I would personally contact a manufacturer who can tell you a lot more about the systems and their pros/cons. Good luck.

Back