Is this a good deal (IPA swap)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crispyvelo

Reaction score
Someone proposed this trade

From him:
- 1 Permanent Funeral (10.5% IPA - Imperial / Double
Brewed By 3 Floyds Brewing Company)
- 1 Dark Lord (2015)
(15% Stout Russian Imperial
- 2 Zombie Dust
(6.2% Pale Ale - American
Brewed By 3 Floyds Brewing Company

From me:
- 1 Pliny
- 1 Blind Pig
- 1 Supplication

Depends on how bad you want those 3 Russian river brews. I think he might have to add a bit on his end. Not even $4$.
PTE $5.50-$6.99
Pig $5.50-$6.99
Supplication $13-$16

Depends on how bad you want those 3 Russian river brews. I think he might have to add a bit on his end. Not even $4$.
PTE $5.50-$6.99
Pig $5.50-$6.99
Supplication $13-$16

Thanks! Yeah, I don't think it's worth it for me....I'll probably give him a chance to sweeten the deal. I would trade the Blind Pig and Pliny....but I lovvvve the Supplication.

PTE $5.50-$6.99
Pig $5.50-$6.99
Supplication $13-$16

Looks like this side is over on $4$ cost, but for what it's worth I wouldn't make the trade since I absolutely hate Dark Lord. Altho if you calculate on secondary values people still trade stupid crazy **** for Dark Lord.

Permanant Funeral $11
Dark Lord $20
2x Zombie $5

Someone proposed this trade

From him:
- 1 Permanent Funeral (10.5% IPA - Imperial / Double
- 1 Dark Lord (2015)
(15% Stout Russian Imperial
- 2 Zombie Dust
(6.2% Pale Ale - American
Brewed By 3 Floyds Brewing Company

From me:
- 1 Pliny
- 1 Blind Pig
- 1 Supplication

If you're the one sending the Russian River beers, than you're making out like a bandit! I don't understand what everyone else in this thread read. I think they're reading the trade backwards.

I wouldn't trade the DL for all 3 of the RR beers, and I'm not even a fan of DL... and I fully enjoy RR. The thirst for DL in the trade market is crazy. Don't hold out. Make the trade and enjoy your good fortune!

:mug:

If you're the one sending the Russian River beers, than you're making out like a bandit! I don't understand what everyone else in this thread read. I think they're reading the trade backwards.

I wouldn't trade the DL for all 3 of the RR beers, and I'm not even a fan of DL... and I fully enjoy RR. The thirst for DL in the trade market is crazy. Don't hold out. Make the trade and enjoy your good fortune!

That's my opinion as well. The Pliny is good, the Blind Pig is good, the Supplication is really good. But to get Dark Lord requires standing in line, giving up a first born child, and paying in blood. Ok, I might be exaggerating a little, but it's really a good deal on your part if you want to try those beers.

agreed. Plus, for dark lord, you should add in the cost spending an ENTIRE DAY driving to the brewery and waiting in line

I say trade

I want to do a beer trade how does this work. Ive never had any of three beers the OP is going to trade...let me know if you want to try anything in Texas.

I think I screwed myself over. He ended up changing the deal and I took it. The new deal is:

He gives me:
1 Permanent Funeral
2 Zombie Dust
1 Todd the Axe Man (2016)
1 American Sour (from Grand Teton Brewing)

I already accepted this...so DL is out of the swap! Am I a total idiot?

I think I screwed myself over. He ended up changing the deal and I took it. The new deal is:

He gives me:
1 Permanent Funeral
2 Zombie Dust

$4$ you're still close. Are you bound to it? What site are you using?

FWIW - you aren't getting ripped off. And those are solid beers you're getting (not counting the sour, bc I haven't had it).

He gives me:
1 Permanent Funeral
2 Zombie Dust

Depends on if you were planning to drink the beers or re-trade them. DL trades better (I assume it is to people that have never tried to choke it down). If you are planning to drink them, I would say this is a better deal.

Depends on if you were planning to drink the beers or re-trade them. DL trades better (I assume it is to people that have never tried to choke it down). If you are planning to drink them, I would say this is a better deal.

Is DL really that bad? Or is it like drinking molasses.

Is DL really that bad? Or is it like drinking molasses.

I guess some people like it, but it is notorious for tasting like soy sauce. Last time I had it a friend was proudly sharing a bottle with a group of us. I didn't want to burst his bubble, but it was all I could do to choke down my 4oz pour without puking. I would rather drink Bud Light.

Back