Is there a company that builds control panels???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akthor

Reaction score
I am looking at getting a brew stand and making a single tier system. Is there a company or person that builds control panels to operate the burners and pumps?

Or can someone post a link to super easy to follow DIY plans? I have no electrical experience so they have to be easy to understand.

Just basic on/off controls for the burners and pumps nothing fancy.

Or better yet someone want to build me a control panel for a reasonable cost???

Not quite sure about what you mean by:

"Just basic on/off controls for the burners and pumps nothing fancy."

.....but if I was going this route, I'd get a control panel through The Electric Brewery:

Control Panel (Part 1)

I emphasize "IF" here, because if I go electric it won't be this route. After doing some research, if and when that day comes, I'll just buy a Braumeister.

A control panel the will control igniting/turning on and off my propane burner and turn off and on the pumps. Basic.

The electric brewery control panel is wayyyy to expensive.

Not quite sure about what you mean by:

"Just basic on/off controls for the burners and pumps nothing fancy."

.....but if I was going this route, I'd get a control panel through The Electric Brewery:

Control Panel (Part 1)

I emphasize "IF" here, because if I go electric it won't be this route. After doing some research, if and when that day comes, I'll just buy a Braumeister.

kele.com will build a control panel to your spec, but you have to provide them with drawings showing the components you want and point to point wiring diagrams.

PANEL FAB is a local fabricator i've run into in the past. they do good work as well. same deal, you'll need drawings and point to point wiring diagrams.

these companies (and others like them) operate in the industrial/commercial controls market, so they might be a bit on the expensive side for what you want to do. if you go to a custom fab company you won't get anything much cheaper than the electric brewery panel..

i say dive in and DIY. it really isn't all that difficult to build panels and wire them up.

My friend on this forum, LSchiavo, built my control panel for me. I have an all-electric system (so no ignitors) but maybe he could help you out. You could try sending him a PM and see if he can either build one for you or know where you could get one built. He's an electrical contractor, so he has a "real job" and doesn't really build control panels but maybe he'd be willing to do it for you.

I just completed my own DIY control system. It's a B3 Smart digital knock off. I hope to have pics posted this weekend. I could not find anyone with an electrical schematic so after some trial and mostly error I think I have it figured out. The stainless control cabinet I had made set me back about 450.00 but could certainly be done cheaper with just a off the shelf electrical cabinet.

If you PM me I can discuss cost analysis and it maybe something you would like to try. :mug:

Back