Is my hop rhizome OKAY??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewByBerg

Reaction score
Hey i just had a quick question,

So i planted one of my rhizomes and all is well, but I planted 2 more of them in the ground in a different location of my backyard, I realized they were not getting enough sunlight so only a week old, i dug one of them up so I could move it, but i realized their were a couple of white buds already starting to grow on the main root so i decided i was not going to remove it. As i went to reposition the rhizome, both of the 1 inch buds broke in half. Remember these are only about a week or so old.

My question was will this rhizome regrow them and be okay to survive? Please let me know! Im worrying! thanks

It's hard to tell for sure, but you well likely be fine. They are very tough!

I would say it should be fine. I purchased 10 one year had to keep them in the fridge for a month. There were a couple that the shoots were dead. Planted all of them and they all grew. Except one that the dog dug up. As long as the root is alive they should grow. I hav a couple that are laging in growth but oterwise healthy.

Back