Is my batch ruined?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Da11en47

Reaction score
OK, so I'm doing this as we speak. Long story short, I boiled the water and poured the malt extract in, oh crap, the first step actually called for steeping the grains for 20-30 minutes before.

So now I rushed a new pot of water, much smaller pot, and started steeping the grains for 20 minutes. All while the main pot of malt extract is slowly cooling down waiting for me to pour in the first step I missed, any adivce?

It's an All Malt Pale Ale Kit from True Brew.

I think you'll be alright. Pour in the steeping grains mixture and then bring to a boil, once boiling add hops and follow kit instructions from there.

I have never tried this, but I bet you will be fine. Sounds like a good recovery. The only think I can think of is that your boil volume size will be larger than you intended, so your hop utilization might be a little differeny than your recipe intended. It will still be beer.

OK thanks, I swear I haven't had one flawless batch yet. Something always go wrong, maybe I shouldn't be drinking while I cook...haha

Back