Is itt possible to bottle carbed beer from room temp keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsh1109

Reaction score
Recently moved and had to sell my keezer. No way to keep the beer cold other than bottling it. Would love to bottle around 12 at a time from a 72F keg, with no counter pressure filler is it possible? what would make it work? Really long beer lines?

Recently moved and had to sell my keezer. No way to keep the beer cold other than bottling it. Would love to bottle around 12 at a time from a 72F keg, with no counter pressure filler is it possible? what would make it work? Really long beer lines?
You can use beer gun, Google it. Or do it with a Poppet (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33004731194.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.49034c4d1iLEud) I bought from AliExpress which fits on soda bottles and lets you carb. Otherwise add a tablespoon of sugar and bottle it. It'll carb in less than a week.

Last edited:
Even with a counter pressure filler (filler tube through a drilled stopper), at those temps you'll get a lot of foaming which is carbonation that's lost from the beer.

How long has that keg been sitting there at room temps? Is it still carbonated?
Do you still have a CO2 tank/regulator?
A (chest) freezer or refrigerator?

I used to sink a keg in an empty corner of my chest freezer. 6-8 hours later it was cold enough for serving, bottling, or transfer.

I have no kegged beer currently actually. I have co2 reg and lines and a bottle filler and drilled stopper. no freezer or fridge that a keg could fit in at all. I just want to avoid naturally carbing in bottles if possible, but if that's the only route I can do it. I was wondering if I could carb it up in keg. to a lower volume obviously. around 27 psi at room temp, and then put it in some bottles and stick in the fridge and have cold beer.

Would love to bottle around 12 at a time from a 72F keg
I was wondering if I could carb it up in keg.
Ah, I see, it's not in a keg, yet!
Sure you could burst/force carbonate it in the keg. But at those temps and pressures, foaming will always be your nemesis when bottling, even with narrow and long lines.

20-39' (or so) of 4mm ID EVA Barrier line (with suitable push-fit couplers) may give you enough resistance to do the job at 72F:
https://www.williamsbrewing.com/532-EVABarrier-Beer-Tubing-39-foot-roll-P4680.aspx
I can tell you from experience, 30' of Ultra 235 line (5 mm ID) won't do it.

Put it in Mike Solty's line length calculator to see what temp/pressure/line length would work. You may need to tinker with line length to get it to fill right. It coils up, so 30' isn't that cumbersome.

On a side note, I wouldn't move if I couldn't brew, and keep my kegs and keezer. Bottles can take up a lot more space than a small 4 keg keezer, and it is a lot more work.

Latest posts

Back