Is it ok to drink some of your bottled beer before it clears?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrg247

Reaction score
I was suppsoed to keep mine bottled for 14 days. But after like 4 I have a couple bottles. It seems like all the yeast hasn't fallen. What was weird was that I had 4 bottles last night and in the middle of the night I couldn't sleep and felt like I was going crazy(while totally sober). lol

Doubt it was from the yeast. Yeast may give you gas (or maybe not, they may be killed off by stomach acid before they do any fermenting), but not make you crazy. They are however, rich in B vitamins.

Another prime example of an impatient brewer...:mad:

Listen, fermentation and brewing are a natural process that you can't speed up...in your case drinking your brew before it's ready...is a consequence.

Let the brew do its thing and you'll be happier that you did. ;)

It is NOT okay to drink your beer before it clears. You are not conditioned for this kind of threat.

I...on the other hand...am properly trained and certified to lay my life on the line to test immature batches of dangerous concoctions.

Send me 1/3rd... no wait...1/2 of your batch, and I will assess the threat and get back to you.

While you're at it, throw in a box of triscuits. It helps me to absorb the high levels of toixins that you obvioulsy have in your beer.

No thanks necessary.

Back