Irish style cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rigger103

Reaction score
Ok at the risk of looking more stupid then normal.....I was in Michigan this week and bought several ciders at a great brew shop / alcohol vendor. I bought a pear cider (Magners) that said Irish on it. Other then the fact that it was imported from Europe. What makes a cider Irish? Is there a difference in the ingredients, fruit, water? or is it hype? It did taste great.

Heh that FAQ also says that magners light is only 1 weight watchers point per bottle. So if anyone's doing weight watchers as a NY resolution, you can have like 50 of these a day if you don't eat food.

I liked it a lot.......wished Id bought more when I was in Michigan. Have not seen it around here in PA.....PA has the most antiquated liquor stores in all of America. You have to buy beer at a beer distributor, wine and liquor at a STATE STORE forget buying at the grocery store. This state was ruined by Quakers. Don't even get me going on Sunday Hunting being illegal.

It's Irish cos its made here. It's labelled Bulmers here, I love the stuff in summer when it nearly gets hot and we drink outside! I recently attended a craft cider making course with this guy
http://www.llewellynsorchard.ie/

He sells some apples to Bulmers but apparently there's actually very little apple in it at all. Couldn't be further from a craft brew. The Brits and the French have a great tradition in cider making but there's very few Irish craft ciders
Sorry guys, reedited with correct link

Yes Hunting laws in PA are the only place where church and state have an incestuous relationship. It’s OK for the government to dis allow manger scenes on public property, or to remove the 10 commandments from courthouses. But you have to go to Church on Sunday instead of shooting deer. It gives the average guy only 2 days of hunting during our deer season……Sorry off topic…..but Mike in AK asked……Happy New Year CHEERS……

It's Irish cos its made here. It's labelled Bulmers here, I love the stuff in summer when it nearly gets hot and we drink outside! I recently attended a craft cider making course with this guy
http://www.llewellynsorchard.ie/

He sells some apples to Bulmers but apparently there's actually very little apple in it at all. Couldn't be further from a craft brew. The Brits and the French have a great tradition in cider making but there's very few Irish craft ciders
Sorry guys, reedited with correct link

Theres an irish pub here in Beijing that i attend way too often. They serve their magners on ice (not complaining, during summer it is pretty amazing)Is that the usual way of serving it? Always wondered.

ezzellca said:
Theres an irish pub here in Beijing that i attend way too often. They serve their magners on ice (not complaining, during summer it is pretty amazing)Is that the usual way of serving it? Always wondered.

Always! In a pint glass with loads of ice. Great warm weather drink. Sells much bigger in summer here

Back