Ipa???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmidtwit

Reaction score
Hey all, looking for some quick IPA suggestions. Trying to use up some extra and aging ingredients before they get too old, and its just enough DME to make 2-2.5 gallons. Here is what I have:
4 lbs light dme
2 lbs crystal 40
2 lbs carapils
1 oz citra
1 oz simcoe
1 oz cascade
1 oz centennial

What suggestions do you all have to make up a quick half batch with this???

I'm thinking .5 lbs crystal 40 and .25 carapils. Maybe .5 oz simcoe for bittering and the rest for aroma and flavoring. Might save centennial for dry hopping. 4 oz of hops is a pretty good dose. Could go a little lighter depending on your tastes.

Hey all, looking for some quick IPA suggestions. Trying to use up some extra and aging ingredients before they get too old, and its just enough DME to make 2-2.5 gallons. Here is what I have:
4 lbs light dme
2 lbs crystal 40
2 lbs carapils
1 oz citra
1 oz simcoe
1 oz cascade
1 oz centennial

What suggestions do you all have to make up a quick half batch with this???

4 pounds light DME
.25 pound crystal 40L
.25 pound carapils
1/2 oz simcoe 60 minutes
.5 oz centennial 15 minutes
.5 oz cascade 10 minutes
.5 oz centennial 0 minutes
.5 oz cascade 0 minutes
Dryhop 5 days with citra

I'm thinking .5 lbs crystal 40 and .25 carapils. Maybe .5 oz simcoe for bittering and the rest for aroma and flavoring. Might save centennial for dry hopping. 4 oz of hops is a pretty good dose. Could go a little lighter depending on your tastes.

^^^^^^^

I asked for recipe advice here a while back, and Yooper responded. I am glad, glad, glad that I followed her advice!
:mug:

Thanks for the input, decided to run with yoopers suggestion. Will let you all know how it turns out

Back