IPA Marinated Salmon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuadConPana

Reaction score
I've done this twice with amazing results. In both cases, I used fruity/tropical east coast style IPA's (Jai Alai, and Cigar City/Boulevard Collaboration #5)

I kind of did it "seat of the pants" style, so you may need to tweak the quantities a bit.

First, I sauteed a shallot with 4-5 cloves of minced garlic. Once those were nicely softened, I added the can/bottle of beer and reduced by half.

I let it cool for a few minutes, not to room temp or anything, just so it's no longer boiling hot. Then I blended it with 1/4 cup olive oil, about a tablespoon of minced ginger, a couple teaspoons of dijon mustard, two tablespoons of honey, the juice of half a lemon, and half a lime, and 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne (you can't taste the pepper at all, it just acts like a flavor enhancer, sort of like MSG minus the swollen ankles)

I marinated the Salmon for about 2 hours and placed them on cedar planks on the grill, but I think regular grilling would be fine. When I removed the fish from the marinade, I reserved the marinade to brush on while grilling. As for how long? I guess it depends how you like your salmon. I use a very hot grill so it's kind of seared on the outside and juicy in the middle and take it off when it looks done. This part is up to you.

Enjoy.

Read it backwards and thought Marinated-Salmon IPA...was worried. It does sound delicious, though.

Back