IPA Krausen gone in only 4 days???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakehoodlum

Reaction score
I just brewed an IPA on monday, pitched a 2l starter full of healthy yeast and the fermentation was crazy good, thick creamy krausen and crazy blowoff tube activity. Everything is temperature controlled well too. Looked today and krausen is all gone and little co2 is being produced. Has this happened to anybody else?

I just brewed an IPA on monday, pitched a 2l starter full of healthy yeast and the fermentation was crazy good, thick creamy krausen and crazy blowoff tube activity. Everything is temperature controlled well too. Looked today and krausen is all gone and little co2 is being produced. Has this happened to anybody else?

Yes, all the time. I don't very often have fermentations that last more than 4 or 5 or days, and often for lower OG beers it's 3 days or so.

Yep, ever since I started using 1.5L starters, fermentation is usually done in 3-5 days. In fact, I just brewed up a Scottich ale this past Saturday and fermentation was complete by Thursday evening.

Same thing from me on this one. I use White Labs 002, fermentation temp control and starters. Ive had it chew through a beer in two days, if i pitch the starter at high krausen.

Back