Ipa dry hop??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgsbrew

Reaction score
Just have a quick hop question . I just put my beer in the carboy this weekend I was told to dry hop it with some leaf hops so I did! Do those hops ever sink to the bottom or just stay on top? It's been only 3 days but I was just curious ? Thanks

In my experience pellet hops will eventually sink but i've never really had leaf hops sink. I only keep dry hops on my beer for about a week so given a longer time they might tho but i try to avoid the grassy flavor associated with long dry hopping.

Yeah, I have not seen leaf hops sink, but maybe they would after a week. I would also suggest racking after 7 days or so.

Will be DEE-licious I'm sure.

EDIT: wait, how many days has it been in primary fermentation? This weekend you said?

It was in the primary bucket for a week then I put it in the carboy last Sunday this is when I dry hopped I was told to leave it for two weeks then to bottle??

Latest posts

Back