Intro Post from North Carolina

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braukorps

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all! I've been brewing beer and making wine for about fifteen years.

My favorite home brew store in Jacksonville, NC closed Friday due to the pandemic.

I see a need and an opportunity. I hope to open a home brew store in the area by Autumn.

It would be basic retail, but I would eventually like to offer tastings of the beginner beer and wine kits. I'm not sure where to start looking for those sort of permits. I know what needs to be done for a brick and mortar retail store, but not for the serving alcohol bit. Any help by other North Carolinian business owners here would be rad.

Let's see what the future brings!

-Caleb

Good luck with your business Caleb! I own a business, but don't know anything about the alcohol permitting process. You should try talking to the owner of the shop that closed down and to other shop owners here in NC. Also I'm pretty sure the AHA and Brewer's association have resources that would be useful.

Cheers!

Hello! I am a ways from you in the Triad area (closer to Winston). I wish I could help but don't know those answers, but saying HI nonetheless.

Back