Intermittent Honeywell sv9501

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TKOriginal

Reaction score
Hello, I'm struggling with my Honeywell sv9501 on lol propane. For about six months it worked great. Lately it has started giving me issues by operating intermittently. On start up I will sometimes hear the click and it works great, cycling on and off for 30-45 minutes. It then will shut off for good and I will do a full disconnect of propane, pull wires and unplug. It may or may not start up again. After sitting for a few hours it will usually start the process fine. Troubleshooting is difficult because it works some of the time. I know this is nebulous but befor I start throwing parts at it Im looking for advise.

Thanks

Might find this sequence diagram helpful for debugging.

sv9501_control_sequence.jpg

If you never see the igniter glow make sure the ground terminal didn't get bent and is touching the flame detector.
There should be a .050" minimum gap between the igniter assembly flame detector and the ground terminal.

Otherwise, make sure the gas tubing is tight at both ends (as it serves as the ground path) and the flame detector wire is intact.

If you are getting a pilot flame but the main valve doesn't open, make sure the pilot flame envelopes the gap between the detector terminal and ground terminal...

Cheers!

Thanks for your help. My wife has cut off my brew day so I'll troubleshoot as time/she allows. I did just move so there could have been some jostling that occurred.

Latest posts

Back