interested in Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mjollnir

Reaction score
Will be starting my first batch of mead at the start of November, have exhausted lots of forums for info so I think I am ready (have to start somewhere).
I just needed a new hobby and I love mead and decided that brewing my own would be a fun activity.

I am also located near a good source of wild honey in Julian California, along with some great apple ciders. Would really love to combine the two for a good brew. The blind lady ale house here had a good Julian hard cider, need to duplicate....

Wouldn't mind chatting with some experienced mead maker makers on here.

Welcome Mjollnir.

I trust you have become well acquainted with the process of making mead through your exhaustive forum searching, so I offer you a welcome to the site and a quick bit of advice. In mead making, patience pays off big. Plan on putting your bottles aside for a year at the very least, and definitely don't drink all of them before the second year is up. The aging process is often an exercise in self-discipline for the mead maker. If you have 30 minutes one day, you may consider spearheading your mead making efforts with a gallon of Joe's Ancient Orange Mead. So simple.

May the ancient gods smile upon your endeavors.

Welcome. Check out the mead forum here, lots of experienced mazers there. Also, I enjoyed reading Ken Schramm's book on mead making.

I will for sure check out the Orange Mead recipe, I will be picking up a copy of his book when I get back to San Diego.

Back