Insufferable Man Utters Words ‘Craft Beer Movement’

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They could have picked a better pic for their "insufferable" man parody. It looks like he's drinking a Michelob Ultra.

Well, oh-my-God!!!! Heaven forbid our beers should come out better than the lawnmower beers they drink insistently. One guy in the beer cooler isle at wallyworld that helped me once (I was in a brokebackbuggie) said, " & I'll pick the safe one"- reaching for coors extra.:drunk::confused:

Well, oh-my-God!!!! Heaven forbid our beers should come out better than the lawnmower beers they drink insistently. One guy in the beer cooler isle at wallyworld that helped me once (I was in a brokebackbuggie) said, " & I'll pick the safe one"- reaching for coors extra.:drunk::confused:

It's satire... Poking fun at home brewing.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I must be missing something... I can't figure out what the point is???? Commercial craft beers? Homebrewing? Good? Bad? What is insufferable??? What is unironic??

It appears there are people unfamiliar with The Onion. I didn't think that was possible.

It appears there are people unfamiliar with The Onion. I didn't think that was possible.

About once a month or so one of my cow-orkers will get all riled up about some outrageous article they read online and start b!tc#!ng about it to everyone, to let us know how infuriated she is I guess.

"You won't believe what that O-Bama did now! He killed 100 puppies in front of a kindergarten class, AND LAUGHED when they started crying. How did we elect that MONSTER?!?!?"

When I ask her where she read such a thing, it's invariably either The Onion, The Daily Currant, or a chain email.

After literally YEARS of this sort of behavior she still never checks her sources or questions anything she reads online. I have to remind her what satire news sites are pretty much constantly, she just is incapable of picking up on it.

It's poking fun at overly-obnoxious beer geeks.

If you aren't picking up on the humor, then maybe you are one. :p

I have never seen The Onion before.

I don't consider myself an "overly-obnoxious beer geek"

I must be dense because I did not get any "satire" from it. I got nothing... I could not figure out what it was about at all.

They could have picked a better pic for their "insufferable" man parody. It looks like he's drinking a Michelob Ultra.

They should have gone with one of the Nacho Punch characters. It might kill the subtle humor of the onion though. :p
hipsters-beer.png

I have never seen The Onion before.

I don't consider myself an "overly-obnoxious beer geek"

I must be dense because I did not get any "satire" from it. I got nothing... I could not figure out what it was about at all.

That one article is fairly indicative of The Onion's Humour. They usually try to refrain from making it too obvious.

Thechive is a similar kind of satire (ok, not often satire so much as just goofy stuff) site. I don't know if they are related, but The Chive name kind of indicates that it's at least poking fun at The Onion.

I'm checking out Currant now!

Not bad, but they've certainly done funnier stuff. I love their ongoing Joe Biden stories. For example when he fixed up his Trans Am on the White House Lawn. :)

I've heard of groups of people who read the onion, who even help perhaps sell advertisements, edit or write some of the content. You know those groups, "onion rings"...

About once a month or so one of my cow-orkers will get all riled up about some outrageous article they read online and start b!tc#!ng about it to everyone, to let us know how infuriated she is I guess.

"You won't believe what that O-Bama did now! He killed 100 puppies in front of a kindergarten class, AND LAUGHED when they started crying. How did we elect that MONSTER?!?!?"

When I ask her where she read such a thing, it's invariably either The Onion, The Daily Currant, or a chain email.

After literally YEARS of this sort of behavior she still never checks her sources or questions anything she reads online. I have to remind her what satire news sites are pretty much constantly, she just is incapable of picking up on it.

Please tell me one of those rants was about the Abortionplex. Classic. Total classic.

Back