Inkbird 308 for Kegerator Settings?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

htims05

Reaction score
I just got an inkbird 308 that seems to be the defacto temperature controller. I'm using it in a converted minifridge (kegerator) setup. So I'm looking for what others have done in terms of settings and how often their fridge cycles.

I have my temperature sensor taped to the side of my keg - about 1/2 the way down...right now the keg is full. Inkbird is set to 38*f, cooling differential of 3*f and a compressor delay of 5.

Based on my remote ambient air temperature sensor that I have in there it seems to be cycling the fridge every 3 hours or so (I've only had one cycle so far so that might change). I also only have 1 keg in there right now...I also do not have any foam insulation over the temp sensor - just blue painters tape.

What are your settings and/or how often does yours cycle if you know that info.

The default compressor delay of 3 minutes is fine. I have mine on a 1-degree differential; couldn't tell you how often it cycles, and it depends at any rate on the ambient temp in the garage.

If all you're doing is crashing the fermenter, it doesn't matter if you have insulation covering the probe. But if you're trying to hold a ferm temp, then you want that probe insulated, and you don't want a large differential; you may end up overshooting at the high end as the higher temps will encourage more yeast activity, which produces more heat.....

Back