Inkbird 106vh Temperature Control Issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A212

Reaction score
I have built an EHERMS system and have these inkbird PIDs for both my HLT & MLT.

To calibrate I have a thermometer that I trust and have checked in ice water which I have placed in the HLT in the outlet valve. The k-type thermocouple that connects to the PID is located in a tee on the same outlet valve an inch away from the thermometer.

When I set my HLT to 145 my PID keeps the temp on the Inkbird-106vh steady at 145 and my trusted thermometer reads 142. I adjusted the offset to -3 and it worked as expected.

I raised the temperature to 152. Again the temperature on the Inkbird stay steady at 152 but my trusted thermometer says 150. I adjusted the offset to -5 and it worked as expected.

I raised the temperature to 160 and the Inkbird temperature stayed steady as the previous iterations. My trusted thermometer was again 2 degrees low at 158.

Has anyone experienced an issue like this one or have any clue on what is happening?

Back