Ink Bird

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prrriiide

Reaction score
Smokin cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo
To say that I am mad as HELL is an understatement.

I have been using an Ink Bird ITC-308 controller I got brand new in the box, used to factory presets (except the temp set point) for cooling only. In the space of a year, it has cost me the compressors on 2 units. I don't know what this POS is doing to burn up the compressors, but it's happening over a period of just a few days. It's fine, and then all of a sudden it isn't. I had a $6000 Keg King kegerator die first, which I attributed to age. Now I have a freezer that's dead, and the only constant is that damned Ink Bird. And the only company contact is via FB or a web form. I suppose I could call the number in Shanghai, but my Mandarin is lacking.

I have a Johnson analog controller on my ferm cabinet, and have never had a lick of trouble out of it. So I have another one of those on its way, but I still have to buy another freezer.

F Ink Bird and the cheap crap they make.

I think the default is a 5 minute delay for turning in the compressor. From everything I've read that is very conservative and should not cause damage.

How long is the delay set on yours?
Think you might be blaming the controller for no reason.

Edit:
You're right, 0 is the default. I changed it to 5 because my fermentation fridge is really old.

I wouldn't blame them for you not changing it, but whatever.

Last edited:
Back