infected ?????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterboy

Reaction score
Good day,
I brew the ale perfect in the fermenter, bottled it it was clear. but now some of the bottles has what appears as some floating inside the bottle.:drunk:

New bottles or recycled bottles? How did you clean the bottles? Sanitizer used? Did you sanitize the bottling bucket, hoses, and caps? What did you use to prime with? How long has it been in the bottle? Is there a ring on the inside of the neck of the bottle?

Does the beer taste fine? Are the bottles overcarbonated? Are you panicking over a little trub/yeast in the bottles?

It could just be yeast floating in the bottle or if you stirred up some trub that may have settled out. Giving some more details would really help here, and some pics. Just like everyone else has asked...how long in the bottle? Have you chilled one for a few days and tasted it? The only way you're going to know if it is an infection is to the bite the bullet and taste it, looks can be deceiving.

it has been in bottles for 10 day's now, they are recycled bottles. Up to this point I have been cleaning the bottles with sodium hypo 12%. But this time I used oxy-san as directed. I have a couple in the fridge chillin, will let ya know results. Thanks for all the responses.

Back