Infected beer - What to do with my equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just as an update, I tasted this beer and it tastes pretty nice currently. It's only been conditioning for a few days, so it's not ready. When I poured it it had a 2 finger head and was pretty clear (not crystal clear but almost). Other than a slight bitterness and a flat taste, there were no off-tastes to this beer.

So did the OP not have a problem after all?

I soak my fermenter and bottling bucket in bleach. My dilution rate, hmm let's see why does everyone over think everything .

this.

i use starsan (i like the bubbles and it smells nice), but i have used bleach with good sucess. splash, add water. **** it, its bleach. just make sure you rinse it when you're done.

So did the OP not have a problem after all?

So far so good. I'll be trying the beer tonight again to see if there are any off flavors. Last time I tasted it there was a bitterness to it that was not supposed to be there, but I believe that's due to the fact that I didn't whirlpool and there was hop pellet sediment in my primary for 4 weeks lol.

Back