Induction BIAB Pot? SSBrewTech, Bru-Gear, MegaPot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one of these pots should I get for induction

• SS Brewing Technology

• Bru-Gear

• MegaPot

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

tmendick

Reaction score
I am going to get into induction BIAB with 5 gallon batches.
I know I will be getting the Avantco 3500W, but I am not sure on what pot to get.
I have been looking at a 10 gallon SSBrew Tech, Bru-Gear, or MegaPot. All three are about the same price, triclad, and have some sort of ball valve.
The major differences I see are
1. SSBrewtech $225 (free shipping) - Weldless - comes with a diptube and proprietary "trub dam" and has a second hole for thermometer.
2. Bru-Gear $225 ($27 Shipping) - Welded - triclamp/triclover also a thermometer (not that interested in the thermometer, but a nice addition)
3. MegaPot $209.99 ($13 Shipping) - Weldless

I haven't seen to many reviews on any of these pots for induction uses.

Sorry to bump my own thread, but has anyone actually used any of these pots (induction or not)?

I have a Bru Gear - I don't use it for induction but it's a great kettle. I have the Pro Boiler 20. Looks great, cleans up well and has been rock solid since I first got it. I like it so much, I ordered another to use as a mashtun and will be getting another for a hot liquor tank.

Also have the Pro Boiler (15 gal). Great kettle. The sanitary fittings are easy to use and clean. Has half gallon markings from 5-15 gal which I love too. Very thick bottom which I haven't used for induction but it seems to work better with my propane than my 8-9 gal bayou classic I used before this.

I ended up getting the SSBrewTech one. It was a coin flip between that and the BruGear, but it seemed like a better deal for my needs.

I have used it twice with propane, because I am still waiting for a new breaker to come in the mail before I can use it with my Avantco.

It's a good kettle, as I'm sure all three are.

Back